blue light retail

asdfnick

asdfnick
Dec 10, 2006
FL
Wii Online Code
5880-1161-5752-5548
is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the blue light on the wii is on when it is in display cases, showing the video with the girl explaining the wii. It could be just me just thinking that its lit up, but can anyone else confirm this?

Yes, it does, but, every Wii except the ones bought have their light on all the time. There should be an update that gives you the option...not on ALL the time, then it would overheat or something. But like on for the next 3 hours.

it can easily be done if you wish......

1)register your pc in the address book
2) check that your settings are for the slot to illuminate
(wii/wii settings/wiiconnect24/slot illumination)
3) reply to the request sent to your pc
4) once your PC is registered on your Wii, send any email to your Wii.
5) DON'T EVER OPEN THIS MAIL OR DELETE IT. LEAVE IT WELL ALONE.
6) blue pulsing slot on Wii

simple and pretty.

I know you can just message yourself, but it seems like this reail wii is different. The program its running must be making it stay on, because ive tooled around with the gamestop wii, and it doesnt do that if you play a game, only if the promotional video is on. Also, the promotional video obviously isnt a dvd, so it is a prog telling the light to stay on. So Im guessing with an update the light would be able to stay on if they choose to make it optional :)

One issue that may come up in the future if you left the blue light on all the time is that it could burn out... most LEDs have a 10,000 hour life span.

Tri said:
One issue that may come up in the future if you left the blue light on all the time is that it could burn out... most LEDs have a 10,000 hour life span.
wouldnt that go for the power lights on the wii too. Never seen any of them burn out on any of my systems ever.

I could be wrong there... I did some quick and dirt internet research and it seems LEDs have a ranged life depending on the type of LED you use... LED life can be anywhere from 10,000 hours to 100,000 hours... maybe even more.

So it shouldn't really be a problem if your blue LED is on all the time.

Heck, I've never had an LED burn out unless it was on a completely different voltage than what it should be.

LED's are pretty hard to kill. As others said, having it on 24/7 wouldn't be different then the power/status lights.

I do remember blue and white led's had shorter lifespans then other led's, at least a few years ago when I was in college. That might be rectified now.

captainff said:
it can easily be done if you wish......

1)register your pc in the address book
2) check that your settings are for the slot to illuminate
(wii/wii settings/wiiconnect24/slot illumination)
3) reply to the request sent to your pc
4) once your PC is registered on your Wii, send any email to your Wii.
5) DON'T EVER OPEN THIS MAIL OR DELETE IT. LEAVE IT WELL ALONE.
6) blue pulsing slot on Wii

simple and pretty.

This doesn't work for me. My light turns off as soon as I turn on my Wii, even if I never open the message.

mickt said:
This doesn't work for me. My light turns off as soon as I turn on my Wii, even if I never open the message.

bummer! mine got turned off by my kids 'playing' with my Wii.....

CBA to do it again

Actually the blue light you see at the stores isnt the blue light on the front of the wii, it comes from another source, from what i've seen.

Sending message to your self only works when Wii has a power off. Only way that I know of to get Led's burn all the time is to mod your Wii and if you have enough skill to mod Wii I think changing led should not be a problem so diffrent color or when one actually happens to die is nothing to worry about.

Back