Blue Light

g-c

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2006
I read somewhere that you could keep your blue light on if you sent your wii a message and just didnt check it? Well I tried that but the light dosnt come on.. what am I doing wrong?

Thanks, guys.

Well it blinks when it turns on.. so it should be fine. I dont know

Try getting a message from someone else and of course make sure you are connected to the internet. There is no reason why it shouldn't be glowing except for the possibility that your Wii doesn't like you.

Does the Wii auto connect to the net or do you have to do it manually?

When you get a message, the light comes on. If your light doesn't come on when you get a message, then something is wrong. But either way, if the light comes on when you get a message, when you power on the Wii or go into your messages or whatever, the light goes off and won't come back on, even if you don't read the message. So, in short, you can't just not answer a message so that your light can stay on forever.

Also, having that blue LED stay on solid all time to blink repeatedly sure isnt good for your electric bil, or for your parents electric bill if you stay at home. It really is a needless way to use more energy, no matter how much it consumes. It is a cool effect, and I like it, but I would not want it on all the time.

Carta said:
Also, having that blue LED stay on solid all time to blink repeatedly sure isnt good for your electric bil, or for your parents electric bill if you stay at home. It really is a needless way to use more energy, no matter how much it consumes. It is a cool effect, and I like it, but I would not want it on all the time.

I don't think it takes up too much energy man. If anything you should be worried about messing up your Wii since it wasn't designed to stay on 24 hours a day.

^

But is still an INCREAS in energy of what it would consume if it was not on all the time. I understand that it does not cost alot of money I am sure, however, the blue light serves no pratical purpose at all. The only thing it does is let you know if something new has come in, and it stays on all the time if the system is turned off and something has come in. Why don't just jsut have the updates announced when you boot up the Wii, as opposed to havign that light on all night if you go to bed and it does an update.

I am not trying to sound like I am shitting on the Wii, cause I love it. However, you need cricitically look at all aspects of a system.

^

Do live on your own? If you do, you should have an idea of what it is like to juggle energy bills. Saying something as useless as that is like saying "Don't worry about the Wii wasting energy, just conserve energy by not doing laundry instead."

How much sense would that make now?

Carta said:

Hahaha few LEDs won't do jack all tbh.

Ya, I understand what you mean, but I not trying to say that the Wii is a big power user. I am stating that the blue LED option really is needless in that capacity, and really only serves the purpose of being a cool effect. As small bit of energy it may consume, is still more energy that it would consume if that light wasn't on all the time.

Back