Blue Notification Light Doesn't work

kmartburrito

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2007
:wtf:
Hey all,

I am finding that the blue notification light around the disc slot is not working when I get a message. I have gone into the settings and confirmed that it is set to bright, WiiConnect24 is on, and I have an active connection to the Internet. I learned that the Wii won't accept an email unless you are registered, so I did that with one of my email addresses. When I send an email to it, the wii's slot blinks for one second, goes away, and I never see it again until it blinks for a sec when I turn it on.

From what I have read, it should stay on (pulsate) until I read that message. I have never opened any of the 5 or so emails I have sent to it, and still no light. I know some are annoyed by this, but I want some blue glow goodness!! Any help is greatly appreciated!

I would also note that when I send messages to myself while the wii is in standby it does not illuminate.

Last edited:
same here pal, I was just about to post a message like yours asking the same question.
Anyone have any answers?
thanks
shippo

Mine does the same thing. I'd like to hear what I'm doing wrong too.

maybe you guys never turn off the console..that's why it doesn't iluminate, it needs to be turned off

Axtlar said:
maybe you guys never turn off the console..that's why it doesn't iluminate, it needs to be turned off

I have it on standby everynight. Still no blue glow. Is that what you mean?

you need to get an email from another wii console or an email from a computer user all while your Wii is in stand by mode (orange light), have WiiConnect24 ON, and blue light notification ON. Messages that are accomplishments of the day, Wii Sports personal records, and time played doesn't count!!

If your Wii is turned off, obviously it can't connect to check mail and more importantly, doesn't have the power to light up blue. Common sense folks

s9am_me said:
you need to get an email from another wii console or an email from a computer user all while your Wii is in stand by mode (orange light), have WiiConnect24 ON, and blue light notification ON. Messages that are accomplishments of the day, Wii Sports personal records, and time played doesn't count!!

If your Wii is turned off, obviously it can't connect to check mail and more importantly, doesn't have the power to light up blue. Common sense folks

What the h*ll are you talking about?
The Wii needs to be turned off for the light to work, off=standby.

ay homie, off means no power light. Orange means standby or sleep mode. Ever used a computer before or a monitor?

Back