Blue Slot Light Always On

nyisles84

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2006
Hey everyone. Anyone know if there is a way to always keep the blue slot light on even when you don't have mail or anything. I think the system looks great with it on and could not find an option in the settings for this. Anyone know if it is possible?

When you have a message from a friend it goes on and stays on till you check the message. That's the longest I know how to keep it on

nyisles84 said:
Hey everyone. Anyone know if there is a way to always keep the blue slot light on even when you don't have mail or anything. I think the system looks great with it on and could not find an option in the settings for this. Anyone know if it is possible?
I wish Nintendo would update this with a firmware update because it looks awesome. But no, not right now atleast. There is no way to do that.

It may sound like a good idea now, but i think it'd get annoying after some time. A bit of a distraction really. Also, how would you know if you got messages?

haha yea been doing that basically but it seems to go away once i turn the system on. So yea hopefully a firmware update in the future will address this. Thanks guys.

Theres nothing to "address". It isnt an issue, its just something you want. They aren't going to give it to you, so dont get your hopes up.

Maybe there's a reason Nintendo didn't allow it as an option. The light might not have been made to stay on indefinitely.

specialsauce said:
Maybe there's a reason Nintendo didn't allow it as an option. The light might not have been made to stay on indefinitely.
I think that seems very likely. Why would they take sexyness away from the Wii? and not give an option to keep it on?

I just wish they would tell us why they decided to turn it off.

I've also taken into account that maybe the light would burn out easily...still it'd be pretty sweet

Cause if they left it on, they'd have to add a giant LED sign that screamed
"YOU HAVE A MESSAGE! YOU'D KNOW THIS IF YOUR SLOT LIGHT WASNT ON ALL THE TIME!!! IM USING EVEN MORE POWER THAN BEFORE. HAHAHAHAHAH TAKE THAT SUCKER"

Mmy said:
Cause if they left it on, they'd have to add a giant LED sign that screamed
"YOU HAVE A MESSAGE! YOU'D KNOW THIS IF YOUR SLOT LIGHT WASNT ON ALL THE TIME!!! IM USING EVEN MORE POWER THAN BEFORE. HAHAHAHAHAH TAKE THAT SUCKER"
But what I don't get is why they wouldn't put an option for this. If it got annoying you could simply set it off. It can't be that hard. o_O

nyisles84 said:
I've also taken into account that maybe the light would burn out easily...still it'd be pretty sweet
I've heard those lights stay good a minimum of like 6 years or something...

saw this in the tips n tricks thread in this forum:

"4. Want your plain-looking Wii to have some style? Add a blue light around you CD drive anytime the console is on by doing the following:

Go to your email from the home menu, and add your personal computer email address to your address book. Wait ~1 hour for the email (mine took at least this long) Reply to the email from your computer. In a few minutes, you will have an email waiting for you on your Wii. Don't read it! As long as it remains new, you have a pretty blue light!"

-SpideyKonfusion

Back