Bluetooth Headset For Wii Possible!!!!

MVGeneral

WiiChat Member
Dec 20, 2007
Wii Online Code
8674-9549-9318-8797
a blue tooth headset for wii is a sure possibility as stated by this website:

"Bluetooth may also provide an intriguing opportunity for system expansion. The Wii only recognizes up to 4 Wiimotes, but the Bluetooth specification allows for up to 7 Bluetooth-capable devices. That leaves three slots for other Bluetooth devices such as headsets, cell phones, or printers (which may sound strange, but would not be Nintendo’s first interaction with a printer). Whatever Nintendo has planned, using standard technologies means that future innovation will be faster and less expensive."

http://www.bluetomorrow.com/content/section/346/467/

Hopefully the delay of SSBB would be the sole purpose of adding this new technology. ow how great wud that be.

Don't expect it to be compatable with Brawl.
Don't expect it to happen soon.
Don't expect to be able to talk to anyone.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Don't expect it to be compatable with Brawl.
Don't expect it to happen soon.
Don't expect to be able to talk to anyone.

why not?
Ps3 devloped the headset without announcing to their fans or the media.

Because its not enough time.
Because they haven't started production.
Because Ninty is paranoid.

The DS has had a headset for a long time. Nintendo is obvsiouly not opposed to the idea.

it'd be cool if we could use the ones we already have for cell phones instead of having to use theirs. then they'd only have to send a software update.

that would be cool and helpful and cheaper, but probably cause issues for one they would have to setup some kind of pairing screen to allow you to pair up the device, at least with a nintendo specific headset, it would pair almost instantly no messing about and would just work if that makes sense.

it would probably mean however you could use your wii headset wih your phone lol

Steve B said:
that would be cool and helpful and cheaper, but probably cause issues for one they would have to setup some kind of pairing screen to allow you to pair up the device, at least with a nintendo specific headset, it would pair almost instantly no messing about and would just work if that makes sense.

it would probably mean however you could use your wii headset wih your phone lol

The remotes need to be paired to the Wii, so even a special Nintendo made wireless headset would need to also. So may as well just let any bluetooth headset work like the PS3.

Steve B said:
true, but do headsets need codes entering on the mobiles specific to the heaset or are they passphrase free

most bluetooth devices come with a default password of "0000". Most people never change it though so they effectively don't have a password. Its pretty funny that people don't change their password. I once used my pocket pc's bluetooth to connect to someone's laptop and look at their files without them knowing it.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Because its not enough time.
Because they haven't started production.
Because Ninty is paranoid.

Why would these be a huge factor for the release of a Bluetooth Headset? The next Gen consoles will come out in 5-7years, that is more than enough time to develop the headset. Look at the DS at first no one knew it could be used for online play and now it has its own Wi-Fi network. I for one definately belive it is possible and will happen.

its a possibility that im sure will happen, but not anytime soon, we may get the announcement in a few months maybe around fall of 08, and my guess is , that i will be released during spring of 09

Back