Boggled

Ramsy

WiiChat Member
Aug 9, 2007
United Kingdom
Hey people. I currently own an Xbox 360 and an N64 (Strange mix I know :lol: )

I am considering getting a Wii, but I really can't decide. For all of my gaming years I have been a shooter gorefest fan, and have never really owned or been able to just sit down and play through a proper Nintendo experience, such as a Zelda game or a Mario game. While I have played them, at a friends or in a shop, I've never really got to experience them and spend time with them.

While the Wii is much cheaper than the other 2 consoles this gen, £180 is still alot to spend, and that's just about my entire wage each month so it's still quite a decision to make.

Do you think I could really enjoy the Nintendo Wii after tuning myself with all these gory shooter games? I get payed Thursday (the 16th August) so I have time to give it a good think through, but I need some advice from you guys who have experience with Nintendo products. Do you think I'll really enjoy the Wii enough to splash my months wages on one? :scared:

I think u need to research more into the Wii, what it offers and current and future release games. Cuz in my opinion only u can answer ur question.

Projection said:
I think u need to research more into the Wii, what it offers and current and future release games. Cuz in my opinion only u can answer ur question.

I have looked at upcoming games, but because of my absent prior Nintendo experiences, I don't know what's expected to be good or not. I know Mario Galaxy is going to be good, but I don't know if I'll like it, I'm basically looking for some hardcore shooter gorefest fans to tell me whether they also enjoy what Nintendo has to offer.

I really don't know either way if I like the sounds of Twilight Princess, or Mario Galaxy, or Super Smash Bro's Brawl.

Basically I'm looking for opinions from people who have been in my situation.

Maybe you were unsure whether you'd enjoy it after being a shooter fan and found you hated it, or maybe loved it.

Well, I have bought a Wii bout 3 months ago. The main reasons I got one were because 1. My friends had said how amazing it was and 2. It is something completly different and 3. The price.

I like gory shoot em up games but that is why I have also got a 360! (Same as you).

Personally I would recommend you get a Wii, you will be supprised how much entertainment you will get out of it. Yes the games are different but that makes it so much better and IMHO just as enjoyable. I would also stress that playing on the Wii s better with a friend that on your own (even tho single player games are good).

The other thing I find good on the Wii is being able to download old games that are also great entertainment (and also cheap)!

Evolve82 said:
Well, I have bought a Wii bout 3 months ago. The main reasons I got one were because 1. My friends had said how amazing it was and 2. It is something completly different and 3. The price.

I like gory shoot em up games but that is why I have also got a 360! (Same as you).

Personally I would recommend you get a Wii, you will be supprised how much entertainment you will get out of it. Yes the games are different but that makes it so much better and IMHO just as enjoyable. I would also stress that playing on the Wii s better with a friend that on your own (even tho single player games are good).

The other thing I find good on the Wii is being able to download old games that are also great entertainment (and also cheap)!

Thankyou for the reply, sounds like I might get one then.

You say the Wii is more fun with friends, well should I get Zelda Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4 or an extra nunchuck and wiimote? I can't afford another controller and another game, I can either get Wii with Wiisports and an extra controller, or the Wii with Wiisports and an extra single player game. Is Wiisports enough to last me another month till I get payed again?

Wii Sports will last you a month easily!!! I bout my Wii with Zelda and did not even open Zelda for at least 2 weeks!

Zelda is a little slow when playing it (there is no way of skipping the story parts) but hey.. that is what Zelda is all about - the story!

Never played resi 4 yet, nor have I heard and reviews about it. Best to look on here and ask before getting it! (or buy it from Virgin - if you dont like it you can take it back!!)

I am discovering more stuff on the Wii every day and it is amazing!! Have just found out that I can listen to nearly any song when online for free!!! I has a jukebox set by Genre!

Evolve82 said:
Wii Sports will last you a month easily!!! I bout my Wii with Zelda and did not even open Zelda for at least 2 weeks!

Zelda is a little slow when playing it (there is no way of skipping the story parts) but hey.. that is what Zelda is all about - the story!

Never played resi 4 yet, nor have I heard and reviews about it. Best to look on here and ask before getting it! (or buy it from Virgin - if you dont like it you can take it back!!)

I am discovering more stuff on the Wii every day and it is amazing!! Have just found out that I can listen to nearly any song when online for free!!! I has a jukebox set by Genre!

Awesome :lol: Think I'll get it with Wii Sports and an extra Wiimote & Nunchuck then.

Does it have built in wireless or do I have to buy a seperate hub?

Has built in wireless... All need to do is turn it on and search for avaliable networks! It is honestly that simple... Nintendo have got it completly right on so so many levels!!

I have never had a Nintendo before (apart from a gameboy about 15 years ago!!) and don't think I will go back to Sony again!!

Nintendo will price drop later. If you wait long enough. Nintendo always price drops shortly after launching a new console.

If you want a gore fest then a Wii with Resident Evil 4 will be right up your street! The controls are perfect for it. Also, Man Hunt 2 is out soon as well. With you owning a 360 as well, you'll have the choice of conventional or Wii controls to play it!

since your planning on buying one, a game you may want to consider researching on is Metroid Prime 3 Corruption. its a shooter/adventure game that (since you like shooters) may enjoy. this game isnt gorey though. its basically a giant adventure on finding expansions and new weapons that will help you progress through the game. great fun. i love them. but apparently alot of people have mixed feelings about this game.

Ramsy said:
Thankyou for the reply, sounds like I might get one then.

You say the Wii is more fun with friends, well should I get Zelda Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4 or an extra nunchuck and wiimote? I can't afford another controller and another game, I can either get Wii with Wiisports and an extra controller, or the Wii with Wiisports and an extra single player game. Is Wiisports enough to last me another month till I get payed again?

If you can't afford another controller and game just get Wii Play as it's only a few quid more than the remote and you'll get both.

Thanks for all the replies :wink:

I'm really not sure what I'll do. Usually when searching for games I look for a dark action-like looking cover that I think will involve satisfying action. I went into town today and looked around the Wii section and saw maybe 2 or 3 games that make me want the console.. All of which I could get on other consoles.

Maybe I'm just not putting myself in the Nintendo mind and being more open-minded about my gaming, I'm re-considering whether to get the Wii now and I don't know what to do!

As I said before you have got a 360 already for the games yuo want. Have you ever played on a Wii yet?

The fisrt time I atually played it... I wanted one. Before that I was getting a PS3!!

Back