Bored already

powpowpow said:
Get a decent gaming PC.. its the ultimate platform for gaming.. First person shooters are unmatched on the PC. The precision and accuracy of a mouse is far superior to that of the wii remote or analogue stick. The only genres which the PC falls short on are Beat em ups and platformers.. but if you are only getting one platform to play games on.. it has to be the PC.

But if you really want a 360 or a wii.. I'd say if your gonna get a wii make sure you do it for the games and not the wii remote which does get old after a week.

agreed in fact, My comps a Toshiba sattelite! The 'mote does get old, but for me Mario lives forever! It depends on your taste and how much you fear your console breaking down.

Four reasons why people think the wii is boring.

1) They haven't had a ps3 or 360 and fail to realize any console gets boring if you play it too much.

2) They only bought a wii because they thought it looked neat.

3) They aren't Nintendo fans, and are probably newer to gaming.

4) They just flat out spend too much time gaming

I have all three consoles. I have gotten bored of the wii once, the 360 once, and the ps3 once. Now I am interested in the Wii again.

It's just a cycle that happens. The only gaming platform I have ever been hardcore into for a long period of time was PC gaming, which I am definitely going to be spending time doing when bioshock and crysis come out.

If you like Nintendo franchises, then get the wii. If not, then don't.

Too many people bought this console with no interest in Nintendo, they just saw it as the latest trend.

powpowpow said:
I'd say if your gonna get a wii make sure you do it for the games and not the wii remote which does get old after a week.

No offence [to all who think this] but have you even read what you have written - how can a set of controls get boring? Surely isn't it the game you are playing which gets dull and not the control system!

If you prefer analogue controls fair enough but to degrade the Wii controls because the game isn't as exciting as you wanted just seems weird!

Rolex said:
No offence [to all who think this] but have you even read what you have written - how can a set of controls get boring? Surely isn't it the game you are playing which gets dull and not the control system!

If you prefer analogue controls fair enough but to degrade the Wii controls because the game isn't as exciting as you wanted just seems weird!
I didn't say the controls got boring.. but old may have been a bad choice.
What I meant was buying a wii for the control mechanics is a bad idea because after a bit the wow factor wears off and it feels standard [not boring].

powpowpow said:
What I meant was buying a wii for the control mechanics is a bad idea because after a bit the wow factor wears off and it feels standard [not boring].

I interpretated old as boring - my bad - but surely it's the titles you are playing which aren't satisfying and not the control system. Wii is entirely based around the control mechanics, isn't it?

I am not dismissing what you are saying, please don't take it as such but we have had this conversation in other threads and wow can't stay wow for ever..what devs need to do is to be innovative...have you played Godfather or SSX?

Go back to GC for example and there is a chance that you'll want to have Wii controls back in your hands, although to be fair you'll get used to whatever system you are using after a short while anyway.

vagrant said:
Four reasons why people think the wii is boring.

1) They haven't had a ps3 or 360 and fail to realize any console gets boring if you play it too much.

2) They only bought a wii because they thought it looked neat.

3) They aren't Nintendo fans, and are probably newer to gaming.

4) They just flat out spend too much time gaming

I have all three consoles. I have gotten bored of the wii once, the 360 once, and the ps3 once. Now I am interested in the Wii again.

It's just a cycle that happens. The only gaming platform I have ever been hardcore into for a long period of time was PC gaming, which I am definitely going to be spending time doing when bioshock and crysis come out.

If you like Nintendo franchises, then get the wii. If not, then don't.

Too many people bought this console with no interest in Nintendo, they just saw it as the latest trend.
What?
It's not a case of the Wii getting boring.. it's just a case of there being a lack of decent games for the wii right now, which is why they are bored of playing on their Wii.
How can the console itself become boring?
Being a fan of Nintendo has nothing to do with the lack of solid titles available for the wii right now.

As for this "latest trend" business.. that's exactly what Nintendo wanted.. to bring non gamers into the gaming scene.

Last edited:
powpowpow said:

I would have to disagree with you there. The first time I picked up Wii Sports and played it, the motion control felt amazing but as time progressed it slowly lost that amazing feel. I thought perhaps the motion controls were just a temporary feature of enjoyment. I picked up Harry Potter the other day and using the Wii Remote as a wand once again had that amazing feel. It showed to me that I was just getting slightly tired of Wii Sports rather than motion control itself as Rolex said. If games keep providing fresh ways of using the Wii controls they will never feel standard but intuitive and satisfying.

Eagles said:
I would have to disagree with you there. The first time I picked up Wii Sports and played it, the motion control felt amazing but as time progressed it slowly lost that amazing feel. I thought perhaps the motion controls were just a temporary feature of enjoyment. I picked up Harry Potter the other day and using the Wii Remote as a wand once again had that amazing feel. It showed to me that I was just getting slightly tired of Wii Sports rather than motion control itself as Rolex said. If games keep providing fresh ways of using the Wii controls they will never feel standard but intuitive and satisfying.
Actually I agree with this.

well since i have like 11 games i never once got bored of the controls, have you played trauma center? that is pop and fresh

or super monkey ball banana blitz(it's a good game)
the motion control on that is fun as hellzors, especially if you are determined

the wii just came out, i laugh at people who say it's boring, or they are getting bored of it because, look at the gamecube, the only decent game at launch was luigi's mansion

now, i find myself playing cube games on the wii all the time(not because i'm bored of my wii, but i want to play metroid prime 1 &2, super mario sunshine and windwaker before i move onto mp3, smg and phantom hourglass)

the thing i like about the wii the most is that even though some games don't need motion sensing(super paper mario, ssbb) or anything the wiimote does, developers always have the option of having such a unique controls

all the games i have right now, if i used a ps3 or xbox 360 controller for them, i wouldn't like them, as an example spider-man 3, the game sucks out loud
however, nothing like swinging around the city witht he actual feel that your spider-man

and keep in mind, there are games like star-fox and f-zero coming along in the future(im' guessing)

so the hardcore gamers aren't being left out,
i suck at concluding rants...oh well

powpowpow said:
The latest gen games just don't have the wow factor that their Snes/N64 counterparts had.. games on the 64 were fresh and revolutionary. The games that are coming out now are basically the same with a few minor changes.. At the end of the day there's a big difference between revolutionary and evolutionary and while some people like the total familiarity.. if you want a game that plays and feels exactly like the N64 version.. go play the N64 version. Look at Mario Power Tennis/Halo 2.. this is exactly what a sequel should not be.

After watching Nintedo's E3 conference it's clear their main focus is expanding the market by producing err "games" which appeal to non gamers... well fair enough but lets face it.. the wii was designed solely for this purpose with core gamers nothing but an after thought.

(And no I don't own or intend to buy a 360/PS3)
you gotta be frickn kidding dude:wtf:

Back