Both wiimotes stuck on #2!!

KentonT

WiiChat Member
Aug 2, 2007
both of my wiimotes have two blue lights lit up on them and I can't choose anything from the wii menu screen b/c neither will recognized as the 1st controller. Im sure there is a quick fix or some way to reset the wiimote to 1st controller, but I can't find the manual and Im pulling a good bit of hair out now.

Please help this dumb angry man. :(

1.try unpluging the wii and repluging it
2. use the red button thingy ( cant remember wht its called)
3. Use the 1 and 2 button setting when you hit the home button.

red button thingy= wiimote or on the console?

I read in the FAQ about reconnecting but I guess Im not doing it right.

Yep, just unplug it for about thirty seconds and this should reset everything. When connecting remotes, make sure you do one at a time.

and now a really dumb question: how do you initially reconnect the wiimote once Ive unplugged and "reset" the concole?

Sorry for my "noob" questions.

y dont u try clicking on the house ting on ur remote and click remote settings and press # 1 2 i think

hectoroni said:
y dont u try clicking on the house ting on ur remote and click remote settings and press # 1 2 i think
You have to have first player to do that.

WiiBad said:
I always just hit the A button and my remote connects.
you have to be player 1 for that too.

I unplugged the console from the wall for 2 minutes. Still can't get any of the wiimotes to come up as player 1

Last edited:
Now things are working. I guess Im an idiot.

Thanks for the help guys.

No problem. The unplugging thing usually always works, but hopefully these things are only something you experience once and it never happens again. If your problems continue, call Nintendo and see what they have to say.

Thanks again. But I just thought of something. What if that #1 controller is lost or broken? Even after unplugging the wii, it still remembered which one was supposed to be #1. the original #2 still wouldn't do anything at the main menu. I went into wii sports and it works fine as contoller 2 but what gives? If #1 was lost or something I think I would just be stuck.

Back