bought Xbox, want to know about wifi

praet123

Wii is Wiickd!
Dec 14, 2006
Perth, West. Australia
Wii Online Code
5042-2833-3113-2973
Hey guys,

Cos i cldnt afford an xbox 360, as I bought a Wii, I decided to buy an xbox instead.

I run a wifi network at home and wanted to know whether there was a way of making it wireless. i cant be bothered running cat 5 cable thru the roof and walls.

btw, xbox is not modded.

i've seen a youtube video about how a guy installed a netgear pci card into an xbox, but im not all that technical when it comes to pulling apart the box and installing it.

i have a usb wireless dongle.. is there some sort of converter to turn the usb dongle to fit the lan socket on the xbox?

Well I couldn't understand half of what you wrote. I really didn't understand the part about not being able to afford an Xbox so you bought a Wii but got the Xbox instead. If you are trying to get a 360 online through wireless you can buy a $100 WiFi adapter for it.

Flood, Whats with the =| on the end of EVERY SINGLE POST?
Thats the kind of attitude from an Emo..

Anyways: I don't think you can sorry

Wii_Smurf said:
Flood, Whats with the =| on the end of EVERY SINGLE POST?
Thats the kind of attitude from an Emo..

Anyways: I don't think you can sorry

ha ha ha... somebody doesn't like me for no reason again ^^

i'm not emo i just look it =)

and i use it to state that i have no strong emotions about a topic... it's not at the end of every post just the ones that you see =|

I highly recommend a powerline gaming bridge adapter. I have one as well as the xbox wifi adapter. Let me tell you that the wifi adapter is alright if you have a wireless router with a super strong signal, but if your router is not close enough to your xbox you're still going to get alot of lag. The powerline gaming bridge acts like a huge antenna because it's plugged into the a power outlet. It even works in dead spots in your wireless network.

David328ci said:
I highly recommend a powerline gaming bridge adapter. I have one as well as the xbox wifi adapter. Let me tell you that the wifi adapter is alright if you have a wireless router with a super strong signal, but if your router is not close enough to your xbox you're still going to get alot of lag. The powerline gaming bridge acts like a huge antenna because it's plugged into the a power outlet. It even works in dead spots in your wireless network.

=S I think you'll find that's for the Xbox 360... this guy's on about a Xbox ... i think... at least

So... it wont work... i just tried searching for one for the Xbox 'There were no results for your search. Please try again'

So... no 'official' hardware/add ons for the Xbox to make it wi-fi... sorry dude =(

unless somebody else can find something

Lynks makes a WiFi adapter that pugs into the Ethernet port. I got mine on ebay for like 30 bucks and I use it now with my 360. Do a search on ebay for Wireless xbox/ps2 and it will come up.

Back