Boxing -- overheads and hooks

fishdrip

WiiChat Member
Apr 6, 2007
Hi,

I'm gradually mastering wii boxing and having a lot of fun. I've moved up to 1400 so far.

I could sure use a few pointers, though.

Sometimes my wii opponent throws an overhand. It's a devastating punch. I've accidentally thrown it a few times, but I don't know how I did it. This punch does not appear on the usual information about how to throw different punches. Does anyone know how?

I'm having a lot of trouble throwing high hooks, and it seems a lot harder to throw a left high hook than a right one. (Mid hooks are not a problem.) I've tried to perfect my high hooks in practice mode, working with the bag, but it doesn't go very well.

The usual instructions say to hold the controller vertically, at face level, with the front of the wiimote pointing straight up at the celing and the top of the wiimote -- the side with the buttons, toward my face. Then quickly rotate the wiimote 90 degrees to the left. That doesn't work consistently.

(That's for a right high hook. Similar move with a nunchuck for the left high hook.)

I wonder if the usual instructions for a high hook are not quite correct.

On the other hand, maybe the instructions are correct, but the move has to be done with more precision.

Sometimes I wonder if the wiimote or the wii itself just isn't very good at recognizing high hooks, so the response will always be inconsistent. I'm hoping that isn't true.

Suggestions welcome.

Tim

To do an uppercut I ususally flick my wrist up and down and to hit toward the head, I flick my wrist while moving it foward and to hit the chest I just throw a jab normally. The hooks, I throw my wrists off to the side. Hope that helps. =)

Just flail your arms rapidly lol I don't really try to do the fancy stuff I just get like 20 punches to the face an by then I've usually won

yes although wii boxing is a great game, it was designed poorly. its not just you, the punches don't always register.

I've thought that quite often, it seems really responsive, then suddenly no matter what you do nothing hits or swings, or you jab with your right and the left arm moves :( Still can't decide whether its my technique or the game....

Back