Brawl Downloadable Content Possibility

I see. Well... it was a nice thought... I just don't see why there can't be.

I agree with that, but it turns out that downloading characters and stages would take up too much memory, I'm not sure if that's the whole reason they are not allowing DLC.

There adding DLC because there's no reason to, the game's pack full of **** as it is. They'd need to release a hd, and online play would have to be modified. We're lucky we'll be able to download maps as it is

Foosoo said:
I agree with that, but it turns out that downloading characters and stages would take up too much memory, I'm not sure if that's the whole reason they are not allowing DLC.

if that were true, then, by logic, there shoudnt be wiiware as it has 100 games ready for release and they will take up wiis 512 mb memory. correct me if i am wrong.

Actually, I just reread the article, and Sakurai actually says that there are no plans CURRENTLY for downloadable content. So we'll have to wait and see.
But personally, the game's so full of awesome features that no DLC isn't a big loss.

Foosoo said:
No your right actually, sorry.

no need to say sorry for saying something u didnt know about. remember, there is no such thing as stupid questions.:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :lol:

The only downloadable content is the daily different map. It's not really downloadable though since each day it's replaced by a new one. Other then that I highly doubt it, in the IGN interview with him he already said it's not going to happen.

everyone mis interpreted that interview. he was refering to characters. he's already said on dojo that you can download stages that others have made. so about stages and characters taking up too much space that theory is out the window... how would that be possible in a game with a stage creator? :S

GigaRidley said:
Actually, I just reread the article, and Sakurai actually says that there are no plans CURRENTLY for downloadable content. So we'll have to wait and see.
But personally, the game's so full of awesome features that no DLC isn't a big loss.

no, not "currently"

Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.

There's the plain facts, straight from Sakurai.

Can't you guys just understand? No means no. There's no "ifs", "ands", or "buts", and no "currently" or "think" or "maybes". He said it directly. Again, I will reiterate:

There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion.

Source

But, it's a shame. I really wish there were dlc :/ The game has so much potential, but if you think about it: there's already so much potential and the game is already so big (content wise). I'm already happy on what a great job they did, dlc or no dlc.

Last edited:
COLDshiver said:
Can't you guys just understand? No means no. There's no "ifs", "ands", or "buts". He said it directly. Again, I will reiterate:

QUOTE]

He said they can't be unlocked maybe there be unlocked and download :ciappa:

PrinceLink said:
COLDshiver said:
Can't you guys just understand? No means no. There's no "ifs", "ands", or "buts". He said it directly. Again, I will reiterate:

QUOTE]

He said they can't be unlocked maybe there be unlocked and download :ciappa:

Yes, unlocked via wiiconnect24, which is Wii's download/online service. So no downloadable characters. :ciappa: :ciappa:

but noone is sure if there are new unlockables in the US version. The japanese version's files have been thoroughly checked and there are no new characters other than the 35, only partially made characters

Back