Brawl FAQ's

Muny

Proud Abortion Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
Chicago
Wii Online Code
8241-8596-1787-3562
So i have been googling around, looking for any faq's for ssbb's online play. I want to find out things like, how to message in char select screen, what the blue/red/green circles mean in my fc's list, and other things of that nature. Sadly, i couldn't find anythin but the actual game reviews/faqs (not online) Does anyone know where i can find this info? i'd hate to go around asking a bunch of n00b q's to everyone, so if anybody can provide a link or the proper google search, i'd really appreaciate that. Thanks. :Ciapa:

the red, yellow and green circles represent your connection strength with that player.
Green=good
Yellow=average
Red=bad

as for the message thing, could you be a little more specific?

Thanks for the reply, but i was really looking for a faq site on the net, as i have loads of similar questions like this...not that i don't appreaciate that.

As for the message thing. I noticed people in online brawls can make messages when you're picking your character.
For ex. I would be changing my guy's color, then i glance over to see oskar say stuff like "wtf" or "lol" and it appears right next to his character that he picked. (and no, i'm not talking about the fc's chat"

oh those. well you know how you can make profiles with custom controls saved and such? well some make small names meant just for quick messages in online play like team or items and that sort of thing. they're just other profile names they made just to have quick messages

the red, yellow and green circles represent your connection strength with that player.
Green=good
Yellow=average
Red=bad

as for the message thing, could you be a little more specific?

Yellow?
oh those. well you know how you can make profiles with custom controls saved and such? well some make small names meant just for quick messages in online play like team or items and that sort of thing. they're just other profile names they made just to have quick messages

Very clever, i just made a few of my own.

Might as well ask, ><. Is there anyother way to chat in fc's faster? or do i have to suffer through using my wii-remote? Other people get their messages out fast, and i'm wondering if they're using the same method...

sorry, meant blue. i'm just used to yellow in tons of other games.

and they're likely using a GC or Classic controller. using a wiimote is a little slower. they also likely have practice typing that way so they can do it really fast

sorry, meant blue. i'm just used to yellow in tons of other games.

and they're likely using a GC or Classic controller. using a wiimote is a little slower. they also likely have practice typing that way so they can do it really fast
My bad shadow, i meant to say "Orange?" as in what does orange mean. There is a yellow in ssbb, sorry for confusing ya there><

I see, thanks so much shadow. I wouldn't have done the same, as i hate helping out noobs! :worship:

well answering a simple question after you said you've looked for it is fine. i don't consider it helping noobs or anything becuse everybody has questions. just giving an answer is being kind.

orange? let me get back to you on this bit.

EDIT: ok, just called a friend with a working wii and asked him cause my brawl online memory appears to be failing. Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red are connection strengths with blue being best and red being worst. the better tha color the less likely you are to get lag and the faster it will load.

there. any other questions?

Last edited:
Wow i didnt even know there was a blue or a green. mine always is yellow or lower :frown5:

well answering a simple question after you said you've looked for it is fine. i don't consider it helping noobs or anything becuse everybody has questions. just giving an answer is being kind.

orange? let me get back to you on this bit.

EDIT: ok, just called a friend with a working wii and asked him cause my brawl online memory appears to be failing. Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red are connection strengths with blue being best and red being worst. the better tha color the less likely you are to get lag and the faster it will load.

there. any other questions?
Well, since you asked. I noticed that right before you clicked on a stage (as in when you hover over the stage you want to pick) it says "1 coin" Does this mean it's going to cost me a coin to select that stage?

Also. Me and my brothers battle online alot. I was wondering if other brawlers see the name that they pick over their heads...

For ex.
It says "Muny" over my head when i'm brawling, but does it say "muny" over my brother's heads as well? or does it show the name that they picked?

my code is 1161-4109-3351

BuH? ^ :sosp:

><

yes everyone else can see the name you (or he) picked

I actually didnt noticed the coin thing. and ive been playing brawl for a long time now :wtf:

i have no clue about the coin thing

as for the name thing:
in basic brawl all people see is P1 P2 and the other two.
in a friend match, people see what name was picked. if you don't pick a name then they see your online name.
(EX: Your username is Muny. say you pick lol but your brother doesn't pick a name. you'll show up as lol and he'll show up as Muny)

i have no clue about the coin thing

as for the name thing:
in basic brawl all people see is P1 P2 and the other two.
in a friend match, people see what name was picked. if you don't pick a name then they see your online name.
(EX: Your username is Muny. say you pick lol but your brother doesn't pick a name. you'll show up as lol and he'll show up as Muny)

Ah. I was getting worried that other people thought i was my brothers or something. It's a relief to know, that they know, who they're pawning (confusing anyone?)

I'll do a little google research, and see what's up with this coin thing. For all of us ;p

Back