Brawl Glitch

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
A glitch, an oversight, or maybe just a great new technique for Link and Toon Link. I, as Link, was in the middle of a match against Zelda in Brawl's Classic mode when the CPU used an Assist Trophy that turned out to be a Metroid. Just by chance I happened to be in the air and using Link's Up B attack when the Metroid latched on. As what I can only describe as a reflex I kept tapping B while still holding up on the control stick. What wound up happening was Link would keep rising higher and higher until eventually shaking the Metroid off.

Full Article

Source (Digg)

*Video removed through request, video can be seen be clicking the link to the full article*

Wow, a pretty big glitch found here. May leave room for more glitches to be found? Wave dashing anyone?

Last edited:
that's not really a glitch, just luck. whenever you do an up+b move, you are unable to do it again until somebody damages you, then you can do it again.
since the metroid trophy does continuous damage, that's how he up able to keep up+b-ing.

TortillaChip520 said:
that's not really a glitch, just luck. whenever you do an up+b move, you are unable to do it again until somebody damages you, then you can do it again.
since the metroid trophy does continuous damage, that's how he up able to keep up+b-ing.

Yet you would of thought it would of been disabled like it is for every character other than Link and Toon Link...needless to say but yes they never prevented the Links from doing this so I would say glitch.

TortillaChip520 said:
some characters, like pit's, have it disabled, but people like marth do not.

From what I've seen, only doable through Links.

has anyone had their character at time just randomly started going toward the left without u controlling it?

you just need to unplug your controller and plug it back in again. problem solved.

Cpt.McCloud said:
From what I've seen, only doable through Links.

that could just be due to the nature of his move, and his quick recovery.

It may be a glitch, but I'm not seeing the potential? To me, doing what link did in that video would harm you more than help you. You probably wern't showing us this becuase you thought it was a new technique, but I'm not sure what can come out of this?

TortillaChip520 said:
you just need to unplug your controller and plug it back in again. problem solved.

that could just be due to the nature of his move, and his quick recovery.

Yes, but still over looked nonetheless. Why are we arguing over if it is glitch or luck -.-

Does it really matter?
--
@Mario

It is a new technique and it leaves space, if things like this can be found what else is there yet to be seen?

Not sure...hopefully they'll be able to figure out some new moves...you've heard about the Jiggly Puff glitch right? Try it on a giant match with super mshrooms....took up the entire freaking screen haha

well it's not so much luck as it was he was using the right character at the right time. it'd be like saying it was a glitch if you were fighting giant snake, and snake got a mushroom and got bigger, but you got a poison mushroom and got even smaller.

i just don't want ppl to freak out and start saying that SSBB is glitchy.

Last edited:
TortillaChip520 said:
well it's not so much luck as it was he was using the right character at the right time. it'd be like saying it was a glitch if you were fighting giant snake, and snake got a mushroom and got bigger, but you got a poison mushroom and got even smaller.

i just don't want ppl to freak out and start saying that SSBB is glitchy.

Not very glitchy by finding and exposing a small one that won't affect much. Metroid at is rare I think.

Back