Brawl online play rankings

I 4 one like not having rankings i mean come on if you really want to tell someone tell them the truth and instead of getting all mad because you have so many lost you restart your games just to get a new start it prevents things like that from happening.

If there was no multiplayer on brawl at all I then yes, I would rather play pong w/ Online ranking... I find anything without any competiton very boring... it's just the same old thing all the time...

^No competition? Do you just play the computer all day long?

I have about 20 people online and about 10 people in real life that I am waiting to play Brawl with.

like I said before the rankings wouldn't be based on wins/loses, they would be based on who you beat so if you reset your rankings you would just be starting at the bottom again...

No I don't play the computers because they are boring but like I said I win against my friends 95% of the time on melee and I don't think they'll suddenly start owning me on brawl...

Last edited:
Obviously if this game had some sort of worldwide ranking system that worked, I see no reason why it wouldn't make the game better but 500% better? Of course not. I personally wouldn't mind world rankings. Trust me, I won't always have friends playing, they have lives too. I've gotta find someone to play.

But of course if no headset support, they'll all be robots anyway so why does it matter?

THEN ADD SOME PEOPLE THAT ARE GOOD. I already said that, but you refuse to listen. Do you want me to help you solve your problem or not.

No longer posting in this thread.

Yah, and then when I try and send people messages or play against my real friends that I actually talk to and like it will take me forever just to find their name...

Paulpro said:
Yah, and then when I try and send people messages or play against my real friends that I actually talk to and like it will take me forever just to find their name...
what do you mean. you take +1 hour to add a wii friend code? or mabye it takes +5 minutes to ask your friend ''um... hey there.. i was wondeering mabye sometimes tonight we could, you know, go and play some super smash bros brawl wi-fi instead of at out house together?'' that was sarcasm to let you know.

i think rankings could be cool, but it's also brings the crazy people that play nonstop, think MSC! All i ask is a system that only puts you up against your friends, like a win-loss record for every player profile.

I'm actually glad there are no World Rankings because it's the type of thing that makes people quit in the middle of a game. If somebody is a sore loser, these ranks will only encourage them to quit during a game so there loss will not affect there position on the World Rankings.

friends rankings? those mean nothing, there are going to be too many times where someone fights someone else multiple times when one of them is clearly better, thus easy rank+.

just have win-loss, damage, etc, like what you see after a battle in melee, but have the wii keep the records. it would just be like bragging rights, for fun.

The addition of the online rankings section really doesn't bother me. I just want to play some relaxed games against my friends, so I will still be happy whether or not they add the ranking into the final game.

Back