Brawl replays to viewable format on computer?

a30993

WiiChat?!!?! WHERE?!
Apr 1, 2007
Wii Online Code
4108-4051-0390-8129
I don't feel like nor think I can get a capture card, so that's out of the question.

I want to be able to convert the replay files from the SD card and convert them into a viewable format on the computer. I know it can be done with screenshots, so my question is this.

Is there a program out there yet that converts the .bin files to a viewable movie format such as .avi or .wmv ? If not, how simple is it to make such a program?

~a3

There isn't and more than likely there won't be.
The .bin saved of the replay is actually just in game data recording the moves you made, etc. That's why when you replay it in the game you can actually pause and move around just like a regular match.
What this means is that in order to convert .bin into a movie format on the pc it would require someone to remake almost the whole game for the computer. That's a little exaggerating, they can always find a way to transfer the file from the game to the PC and work with it there, but that's still a lot of work seeing how Wii homebrew is still just beginning.

Oh, wow. I had no idea it was so complicated. D:

Looks like capture cards are the only way to go, then.

Crap.

Oh well, I guess. I have a digital camera. :)

run it thru a recording device like a tv tuner. if i hadnt payed an extra 150 on a monitor that supports everything id probably use the s-video on my tv tuner to play my wii thru my comp on my monitor which would give me an instant way to record everything.

Back