Brawl Tiers

Personally, i wouldn't be surprised if the swordsmen had somewhat more of a smooth flow between attacks. Like in melee, how roy was powerful and all, but he couldn't combo very well at all. At least that's what i'm hoping for. I've always liked the swordsmen of nintendo, they're not as sappy as those knight in shining armor fairytale books that little girls read, but they're twice as strong, cool, and heroic.

SkullKid said:
Personally, i wouldn't be surprised if the swordsmen had somewhat more of a smooth flow between attacks. Like in melee, how roy was powerful and all, but he couldn't combo very well at all. At least that's what i'm hoping for. I've always liked the swordsmen of nintendo, they're not as sappy as those knight in shining armor fairytale books that little girls read, but they're twice as strong, cool, and heroic.
in melee roy and marth had interchangeable b button combos and wicked air combos to

spiff-ssbb said:
in melee roy and marth had interchangeable b button combos and wicked air combos to
idk, i guess i might not have been as good as i thought i was with him. :scared:

SkullKid said:
idk, i guess i might not have been as good as i thought i was with him. :scared:
haha no worries i suck with them a lot. but if you want to do them you gotta press his forward b a couple times in a bit of a rythm...like dont mash them hit them to a steady beat kinda. then at the end you can change it up and do a neutral b or and up or down and he'll finish off with different combo moves. pretty cool stuff. they both have the same ones but roy's are more powerful
and to brawldude yes i like young link better than marth or roy also...not so much link but young

I can definately see link moving up to mid-tier now that his attacks have been improved. Good for me, since I main link. Young link was all right, but his weak attacks didn't suit me too well.
I noticed nobody's talked about pit... I can see him being a little complicated but being very useful in the hands of the elite, being mid-to-high-tier.

spiff-ssbb said:
haha no worries i suck with them a lot. but if you want to do them you gotta press his forward b a couple times in a bit of a rythm...like dont mash them hit them to a steady beat kinda. then at the end you can change it up and do a neutral b or and up or down and he'll finish off with different combo moves. pretty cool stuff. they both have the same ones but roy's are more powerful
and to brawldude yes i like young link better than marth or roy also...not so much link but young
That's some helpful advice. Thx. Will Roy + Marth be in brawl? And I've been hearing talk of Wind Waker Link. Sounds like a rumor, but im still curious.

I think yoshi will be at high tier.
And i hope yoshi gets better for ssbb.

I used yoshi alot in melee because he had attacks different than other characters.

And yoshi's up b move,egg throw,is now a third jump in ssbb.

GigaRidley said:
I can definately see link moving up to mid-tier now that his attacks have been improved. Good for me, since I main link. Young link was all right, but his weak attacks didn't suit me too well.
I noticed nobody's talked about pit... I can see him being a little complicated but being very useful in the hands of the elite, being mid-to-high-tier.
actually Link was mid tier in melee according to alot of tier lists. ya i liked young link cuz he was fast. he had some good combos.

to Skullkid: np. and i dont know man i've heard like a million rumors about a million different characters. the general thought is that they will be...but i cant tell you for sure. but the Japanese release date's only three days away so we dont have to wait long to find out

to bw: ya i can actually see Yoshi getting a bump up into the mid or even high tier. smash creators seem to like taking not so good characters from the last game and making them wicked in the next. ex: fox's crossover from 64

bw! said:
I think yoshi will be at high tier.
And i hope yoshi gets better for ssbb.

I used yoshi alot in melee because he had attacks different than other characters.

And yoshi's up b move,egg throw,is now a third jump in ssbb.
Wait, yoshi is finally getting a 3rd jump??? Combined with his 2 normal jumps, his recovery will be monsterous!!!

GigaRidley said:
Wait, yoshi is finally getting a 3rd jump??? Combined with his 2 normal jumps, his recovery will be monsterous!!!
maaaaaaaaybe. lol he's getting a 3rd jump but how far can an egg throw really take you? lol

There will not be an official tier list for a while. Tiers are mostly based on tournament results, so after about 1 year we will have an accurate list. Of course no one will wait that long, so someone will end up making a list as soon as they get the game.

Speedy characters are usually high on the list, so they have an inherant advantage, but Brawl seems very balanced. Heavy chars like D3 have a chance at high tier because of super armor. I bet the tier list will not affect high-level play as much as it did in Melee. :cool:

Goodkid said:
There will not be an official tier list for a while. Tiers are mostly based on tournament results, so after about 1 year we will have an accurate list. Of course no one will wait that long, so someone will end up making a list as soon as they get the game.

Speedy characters are usually high on the list, so they have an inherant advantage, but Brawl seems very balanced. Heavy chars like D3 have a chance at high tier because of super armor. I bet the tier list will not affect high-level play as much as it did in Melee. :cool:
this is true. the game seems alot more refined and professional...and it'd better be after all these setbacks in release dates lol ya quick characters have always been my favorites. in melee its all about CF shiek and fox for me...with a little taste of YC and Jiggs

It's funny reading all of this. Sonic was not a high tier and most of you thought he would be. Snake is and will be aslong as we have great Snake players like Ally.

It's funny reading all of this. Sonic was not a high tier and most of you thought he would be. Snake is and will be aslong as we have great Snake players like Ally.

Wow, you must have been really bored to look at this...talk about reviving old threads.
And Sonic could still be high tier...haha, probably not, but he did rise from low to mid, quite something. His metagame has grown a lot.
In retrospect, I was right about Snake, MK and PT, wrong about Sonic and Olimar. Somewhat right about Lucario.

Back