Brawl vs Halo 3

as the crowd in Super Smash Bros BRAWLwould say" brawl brawl brawl brawl!"
:smilewinkgrin:

Brawl has alot more than Melee (ie. stage builder, online, storyline, stickers, more characters, etc....... )i could go on and on...
but Halo 3 is not that much different from Halo 2. in fact, if it didn't continue the story from Halo 2, it would be the exact same game.
I'm not bashing Halo, but Brawl is a lot more different
*ducks and hides from pro gamers response*:scared:

Have you played Halo 3? or even Halo 2?

Yes Brawl has these new things, but most of it is pointless and no one really cares. Who really givces a **** about stickers lol... Stage builder is nice, but I hear it sucks, I never tried it because seriously... the only maps I need are the ones it comes with.

The Storymode is a complete joke, its just like Melee's, except longer and with cut scenes. It's "nice" but if brawl weren't a fighting game and thats what brawl was, that game would get a 5/10.

Online is it's biggest upgrade IMO and it's the only one I care about. But even then, online is nothing to be awed about because most all games have online these days, atleast for PC/360/PS3...

Halo 3 is different enough from Halo 2 to be worth the buy. You can't expect them to reinvent the whole game because you would have ruined what Halo players loved about it.

Having played both I know for a fact that Brawl is more like Melee than Halo 3 is to Halo 2. Hell, atleast Halo 3 has updated graphics :p For anyone who thinks the graphics are not that different then you definately have not played the games personally and are just judging by screen shots or "here say"

Don't get me wrong, im not disappointed in Brawl at all, well maybe a little... If anything I was hoping Subspace Emissary actually had a point and the online was more stable. But other than that I have no regrets for buying Brawl. Brawl is still my #1 favorite Wii game.

Dorkfish said:
Halo 3 was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overrated, so Brawl wins this round.

Exactly.

I borrowed Halo 3 to check it out, I barely got 15 minutes into it before I was totally bored. It was just the same game as the first two, but with better graphics. It was such a disappointment considering the hype they built up for it.

At least smash bros switches it up a little, with different game mechanics, new moves and techniques and above all else new characters.

Graphics mean nothing. Halo is based on real "soldiers" I guess (Not sure because I've played Halo and was never crazy about it. I dislike the shooting genre, Metroid included.) while Brawl is based on cartoon images. Nobody would want to play a game with Mario looking like this:
realmario.jpg

and Pikachu looking like this:
real_pikachu.jpg

I couldn't care less about graphics :p. I download VC games and don't knock them because their graphics suck. I like gameplay, that's why I buy a game.

i think halo 3 was more over the top with the theater and such, where as brawl merely gave fans what they wanted from the previous SSB and then some.

in terms of changing the formula, id say halo 3 did more to that with equipment and custom games options where ssb just had new fighting styles for characters (pikmin, pokemon trainer) and a gimmicky smash ball. but ssb didnt really needed a change in the actual gameplay department, but is gladly accepted accepted.

ssb gave much more of what fans wanted with all the unlockables and goodies where halo just had generic skulls and achievements.

halo obviously wins in online. theyre both about = when it comes to competitive play but ssb is more accessible to people not familiar with the series but also gives people who are the advantage.

halo had more of a leap in graphics where brawl did what it could, which was limited. both games games run at a smooth framerate even when tons of explosions and action is going on which is what really matters though.

ssb is obviously more fun with a group of friends where as halo is more about the "im alone at 12 am with nothing to do but go online in halo 3" type fun. both games obviously didnt provide the "ultimate" game classic.

i think this is a fair comparison, feel free to challenge me though.

vashivihan said:
WOW, YOUR POST REEKS OF HATRED FOR NINTENDO AND BRAWL:frown2: :frown2: :frown2:
no its not he just has an open mind when it comes to video games. even it was a little harsh.

most of you havent even played halo 3 or are too brain washed by nintendos games to give it a chance. but really, no one expects everyone to love stomping on mushrooms and collecting stars AND killing aliens in space in the future.

Last edited:
I've played Halo 3! I still think it didn't deserve all the hype it got.

And yes, i like killing aliens in space in the future, i just prefer to do it in Mass Effect.

If they ported Halo 3 to the Wii with similar/the same online play capabilities and I could only pick one game between SSBB and Halo 3, I'd pick Halo.

Halo 3 has has better gaming experience. I like it better than SSBB. and the halo 3 online is way better than the one for SSBB.

Neaither of them deserved the hype they got.
Where they good? Yes.
Where they ground breaking? No

As for adding features Brawl would win with alot of little stuff but lose overall in the looks department. Although the cut senes where great, the graphics themself were really only a notch better the SSBM and the setup is pretty much exactly the same as SSBM minus the many little add ons. Still a Great game for being the 3rd in the series!

Halo 3 like many have said although it wasn't as gound breaking as Halo 2 was gameplay/option wise it is a beautiful game you can tell they spent way more time just in the design department and for the 3rd game in the series was a Great addition.

Like with many games the second one has to be over the TOP. The 3rd one always seems to be just enough to make us happy, that works for movies aswell ha ha.

I'm pretty sure they have a Sequel/Trilogy/Series instruction manual that they just apply to everthing entertainment related. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Halo 3 had the cinematic advantage. Were the games kind of exagerated, yes. Did they disapoint, not their entire fan base. People said they liked Halo 2 better, but then again it's all a matter of opinion. But Brawl was better than Melee, so it's got the edge of improoving. They're both the same almost but I have to say, Halo was better. Just because of the insane online expeirence.

JKill09 said:
Graphics mean nothing. Halo is based on real "soldiers" I guess (Not sure because I've played Halo and was never crazy about it. I dislike the shooting genre, Metroid included.) while Brawl is based on cartoon images. Nobody would want to play a game with Mario looking like this:
realmario.jpg

and Pikachu looking like this:
real_pikachu.jpg

I couldn't care less about graphics :p. I download VC games and don't knock them because their graphics suck. I like gameplay, that's why I buy a game.

So you do care about graphics then, yes? You wouldn't want to play a game with graphics that showed Mario like that, so therefore you DO care about graphics, you're just on the opposite end of spectrum. To further explain, if you didn't care about graphics, you would play the game with the super realistic Mario in it (no matter how disturbing it looked), as long as the gameplay was there.

the truth is that halo3 is freaking good..,its an excellent game...but ssbb is way better,its an only game...ssbb is very good,the only malfunction is the online gameplay...but ppl still battle...btw,ssbb's graphics are really good.

Back