Brawl Will Not Be Playable At E3

+Maniacal=Maniac+

Am I Losing Friends?
Aug 8, 2006
Wii Online Code
4516-7863-9846-6018
Matt Casamissina-IGN said:
July 3, 2007 - Nintendo of America said on Monday that its hotly anticipated new Wii fighter, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, will not be playable at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2007. According to representatives for the subsidiary contacted by IGN, Nintendo has chosen not to display the game in playable form because it has a wealth of other products to show, including some surprises. This, however, does not mean that a formally playable Brawl will not be unveiled in the near future - perhaps shortly after E3 - at a separate event.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl was originally set to release at Wii launch, but was delayed to 2007 in order to give the team working on it more development time. The game features a huge cast of mascot fighters, a great many recognizable background stages and more musical compositions from famous videogame composers than any other videogame in existence. In addition, gamers will be able to choose their favorite fighter and battle online against friends.

Although Brawl will not be playable by E3 attendees, that does not mean the game will not be on display, or, for that matter, demoed by Nintendo representatives.

Furthermore, reps for the company said that the decision to hold off on unveiling Smash in playable form at E3 had nothing to do with the progress or quality of the game. "I wouldn't read anything into this as far as release date. It's still 2007," said a spokesperson for Nintendo.

Yeah... You Heard Right.
Source

its not bad news. Infact, all i got from that was good news. they said nintendo had some "surprises". It also said it may be displayed and played by nintendo reps. good enough for me!

Bummer. Although it's not a big deal just because E3 isn't open to the public anymore. But it would've been nice to hear some reviews or something on how well it plays right now. Oh well, hopefully (and most likely) we'll get some sort of information from E3 about SSBB.

because it has a wealth of other products to show, including some surprises.

I'm more interested in that :ihih:

I'd like to see what developers have been hiding up their sleeve.

Me Too! My Guess?

Sonic, Possibly.

sonic? i think they meant surprises OTHER than SSBB. read it again. My thoughts are Halo, GOW, Ressistance and GTA are all coming to the wii, with a metroid prime 3 online mode that owns Halo online. i think its possible....anyone else?

Warrior said:
sonic? i think they meant surprises OTHER than SSBB. read it again. My thoughts are Halo, GOW, Ressistance and GTA are all coming to the wii, with a metroid prime 3 online mode that owns Halo online. i think its possible....anyone else?
I honestly hope your kidding.

Anyone wanna see a release date for Fire Emblem? I've been waiting for that game for a while. or some new info on Disaster: Day of Crisis or something. Something that we havn't heard of for a while, or something brand new would be good. Argh, can't wait.

Trulen said:
I'm more interested in that :ihih:

I'd like to see what developers have been hiding up their sleeve.
Should ask wario2ooo to be your offical reporter for it because hes "got the passes" aparently. Even though its invite only...cough bullshiter cough.

It makes sense. If there was Brawl playable at E3, other games wouldn't get the coverage they deserve.

I'm wondering if some of those "rumours" from a while back may turn out to be true. You know, like Mario Kart and the Final Fantasy VII-esk RPG...

Wow I should have a wii news site because I hear about this stuff like a day before wiichat ever hears anything about it.

vagrant said:
Wow I should have a wii news site because I hear about this stuff like a day before wiichat ever hears anything about it.

I've heard about it for days too, just too lazy to make a new thread about it.

Back