Brawl's Japanese Release Date

samXcor3

the best kid!
Oct 2, 2007
Wii Online Code
3732-3369-2853-4491
So we know the US gets it on dec 3rd, but shouldn't it come out in japan first? I mean of course I want Brawl, but it seems odd to me that they aren't releasing it in Japan before hand, or simultaneously. If I lived in Japan I'd be pissed!

why should it come out in japan first? most games dont. usually japan gets the special editions if they do get it first. because then american's games get upgraded (EX. Kingdom Hearts 2)

Because everything Nintendo always comes out in Japan before US. Nintendo is more Japan-based than US based. I guess the fan base is just bigger here?

samXcor3 said:
I guess the fan base is just bigger here?

Not sure about that...Japan has a huge population, and their gaming market is much more Nintendo-focused than ours. I lived with a Japanese exchange student in college for a while (granted this was back in the SNES era) and he told me that when a new Mario game would come out, it was basically like an effing vid game holiday...people would take off work...camp out at the stores...kinda like the HALO 3 hulabaloo a couple of weeks ago...

Back