broke 360 = new wii for me

bword

WiiChat Member
Oct 7, 2007
Sup everyone after calling about 10 stores i found a wii today and for the money its the most entertaining console ive ever played. ive been a loyal ps2 fan for a long time and then i got into a 360 which i love but last week decided to crap out on me :sick: so while i wait for it to come back i figured why not time to try something new. the wii is def not the lazy mans system as far as im concerned lol makes u work a bit which i think is a great idea. anyways i need to drop a few posts about these Vc games and start sponging the info.

ian

you can still be lazy and play wii

you don't really move that much

it's just funner if you do

Good to hear you found one.. pretty easily. With the holiday season coming up, you definitely won't be disappointed with your purchase. What all games have you bought? I would recommend Metroid, Zelda, and maybe Super Paper Mario or Strikers. They are both fine choices.

Well anyway, I hope you enjoy your new Wii and Welcome to Wiichat!

BTW, what happened to your 360? Was it the Red Rings of Death? Because if it was, that is easily fixable. The wii60 combo is where it is at right now.

Last edited:
nic7 said:
Good to hear you found one.. pretty easily. With the holiday season coming up, you definitely won't be disappointed with your purchase. What all games have you bought? I would recommend Metroid, Zelda, and maybe Super Paper Mario or Strikers. They are both fine choices.

Well anyway, I hope you enjoy your new Wii and Welcome to Wiichat!

BTW, what happened to your 360? Was it the Red Rings of Death? Because if it was, that is easily fixable. The wii60 combo is where it is at right now.
well sir my 360 did get the 3 rings of death after i got halo 3 of course..i tried the towel trick for a tempo solution and it worked for about 3 hours and then crapped out again so i called and my console was well within the warrenty so no biggie...

games hm i have Wii sports lol kinda like getting NES and getting excitied over duck hunt and SMB1

theres one game im extremely looking forward too- mario galaxy it looks pretty sick. otherwise im clueless on what id like im gonna have to hit up hollywood video first and rent a few.

i am tring to figure out one thing i had a hdtv and when i try to click on 480hd on the screen settings it wont let me ?!?! is it because i have a regular RCA output instead of components or a HDMI ???

thanks for warm welcomes everyone

bword said:
well sir my 360 did get the 3 rings of death after i got halo 3 of course..i tried the towel trick for a tempo solution and it worked for about 3 hours and then crapped out again so i called and my console was well within the warrenty so no biggie...

games hm i have Wii sports lol kinda like getting NES and getting excitied over duck hunt and SMB1

theres one game im extremely looking forward too- mario galaxy it looks pretty sick. otherwise im clueless on what id like im gonna have to hit up hollywood video first and rent a few.

i am tring to figure out one thing i had a hdtv and when i try to click on 480hd on the screen settings it wont let me ?!?! is it because i have a regular RCA output instead of components or a HDMI ???

thanks for warm welcomes everyone
i recommend getting Metroid Prime 3 to tide you over for that month-6 weeks your 360 will be out. its an awesome FPS/Adventure that will leave you stunned. but by the end of that month, you might as well be playing Super Mario Galaxy.

as for 480p, you need to get component cables, yes. no HDMI on Wii, unfortunately.

Hey welcome to the forum Ian. Congrats on finding a Wii :p. Other than that I hope you enjoy your stay here along with the Wii. Oh and if you have any questions regarding the site feel free to ask.

bword said:
Sup everyone after calling about 10 stores i found a wii today and for the money its the most entertaining console ive ever played. ive been a loyal ps2 fan for a long time and then i got into a 360 which i love but last week decided to crap out on me :sick: so while i wait for it to come back i figured why not time to try something new. the wii is def not the lazy mans system as far as im concerned lol makes u work a bit which i think is a great idea. anyways i need to drop a few posts about these Vc games and start sponging the info.

ian

You were in the same situation as I'm in. I have a 360, but it died. I've decided to get a Wii instead of getting the 360 fixed and continuing to pay for Xbox Live. Haven't purchased the Wii yet, but planning on it at the first available opportunity.

again thanks everyone, im a big mario64 fan is there any games somewhat similar as far as gameplay goes out there for the wii ?

Back