Broken Wii Console???

jrubaker

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2007
I've been trying all day to start up my new Wii. I have attempted to sync two remotes with no success. Took the remotes to my neighbors and they sync fine on their Wii. The sensor bar's infrared lights are working. The green light on the console is on. What can the problem be? Is the console broken, or am I missing something here? I've tried syncing the remotes several ways, changed batteries, disassembled and reassembled everything, etc. Help!!

So, when you're are sincing you are pressing the red buttons on the wii and the wiimote at the same time, correct?

I've tried it that way; remote first; console first.
Nothing works.

Where is your wii placed? It isn't obstructed in some way, shape, or form is it?

Nothing in the way.
No microwave or other interfering devices close by.

I guess that's what I was afraid of.
I'm new to this whole world. If this turns
out to be a bad console, do I return it to
place of purchase, or do I have to send
it to Nintendo?

Usually you'll get sent a box by Nintendo (At least that's what Microsoft did for my 360) and then you'll pack it in. And, I'm not sure if you have a warranty or not, but then it's free repairs. Otherwise, they probably won't make you pay the same amount as the wii cost, but they'll make you pay something I imagine.

Did not buy the extended warranty.
Bought it at Toys R Us about 1 month ago.
Just opened the box today. Christmas
present for my 3 kids.

Yeah Exactly The Process That Nic7 Said.

I would try to return it to the store if I were you, because Nintendo will sent you a refurbished Wii, and then If you return it to the store you will get a NEW Wii.

Plus Nintendo Return Service Takes About A Week.

Edit: You Probably Have To Send It Back To Nintendo, Call Toys R Us And Ask If You Can Return It.

Thanks much Nic7 and Pikachu256. Haven't had a good first experience in the land of video gaming.

Sorry to see your first experience turn out like this. Hopefully this all works out for you though anyway..

My first Wii had the same problem. Sort of. Anyway, I just returned it to where I bought it. I'd had it for about 3 weeks, maybe a month and they returned it without complaint. Although, I did this last year and I couldn't get a replacement Wii straight away because everywhere was sold out! But hopefully you won't have to wait like that. They just gave me my money back, they thankfully didn't try and give me store credit. They asked if I wanted it... But I know of people they have said 'we can only give you store credit.' Which is wrong...

Back