Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Brunswick Pro Bowling

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by Backwards Man, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Backwards Man

Backwards Man WiiChat Member

Comes out next week...the 21st. Who is getting it? Will it be better than Wii bowling?

2. wario2ooo

wario2ooo vote for me....Wario!

Wii Friend Code: 0162-6929-7214-8876
    0162-6929-7214-8876
    nope....not buying it .........better?.....maybe

3. JCpackers05

JCpackers05 NiNtEnDoFrEakJMC

im not getting it, but im sure it will have more depth and things to do (obviously) so yes i think itll be better than wii bowling.

4. Syntax

Syntax That Canucks Fan

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0001
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    May be worth a rent once the game comes out. I'll have to check it out.

5. Backwards Man

Backwards Man WiiChat Member

I'm worried the controls will be awful....

6. ericlewis91

ericlewis91 im McLovin

Wii Friend Code: 6031-8713-1077-8188
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    i think it will be too confusing

7. Trulen

Trulen Isn't here as much

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I might e-Bay it if the controls are BETTER than Wii Bowling.

AND have a career mode or something.

For 30-40 bucks off of eBay, it better have some depth.
    And excellent controls. We've been knowing about this game for how long now?

8. masonb15

masonb15 Flawless Victory

Wii Friend Code: 2524-4702-5527-5865
    2524-4702-5527-5865
    Meh, I don't think I'll buy it. I might rent it if the local Movie Gallery decides to update their Wii inventory...

9. lindros2

lindros2 WiiChat Member

Anyone have any idea when this thing is coming out?

Amazon says "4-6 weeks," my local GameStop (EB Games) said "um no idea - but not this week", and Best Buy doesn't even have it as a search result online...

10. usatraveler

usatraveler Wiisearch Asst., NYC Area

As an avid bowler, I'm very curious about it, though I'm hearing mixed reviews about the control system.

It does seem to have a career mode, so that's a plus, and there are variables in lane conditions and ball technology. Huge thumbs-up on that, that really makes a great bowling game for bowlers. They seem to have thought it out pretty well.

However, how realistic can the controls be when after you aim, you start your shot with the bowler visible as a profile shot (as opposed to Wii Sports' view from behind)? I want to be looking down the lane, the way I would when I'm really bowling. In addition, the controls are based on a swing meter, the way most old bowling games have been. But with motion control, this wouldn't seem to be necessary. I'm skeptical.

I'll still probably end up trying it out, maybe even buy it. Maybe the controls aren't as bad as they look.

Still confused as to when it'll be available. It's supposed to be shipping to stores today...

11. FR.

FR. Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 4253-4708-4555-0363
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    If you're worried about the controls not meeting your needs, then rent the game first before you buy it. Then, if you like it, buy it. Brunswick Pro Bowling looks like a good game for bowling fanatics...more depth in the gameplay (compared to WiiSports, what more could you expect)?

I however, will not be renting or buying this game.

Why?

Bowling games are not my type, if I want to play bowling, then I'll play WiiSports, it's good enough for me. :yesnod:

12. usatraveler

In addition, anyone know if this one is online? Seems to be begging for online play. It seems like such an easy game to be put online. Only one player at a time, so lag's not a huge issue. There's no "defense" in bowling.

13. gh05t

gh05t Chicken Wings

Wii Friend Code: 8827-4732-7476-9087
    8827-4732-7476-9087
    if its online i would get it...but i doubt it....if its a 20-30 dollar game i might think about it but i wouldnt waste my money on it.

14. opitekk

opitekk Old School Master

I'll rent almost anything once~

15. Doc141

Doc141 Super Mario Bros. MASTA!

Wii Friend Code: 2478-2768-0821-6129
    2478-2768-0821-6129
    Question is... WHY get it? I mean Wii Bowling is all the depth you need in a motion bowling game and its FREE. No point. The maps aren't even exciting in Brunswick pro

16. usatraveler

Why get it?

Bowlers like me have been looking for a great bowling video game for a long time. It hasn't happened yet. Wii Sports bowling provided some encouraging signs. We had a motion-controlled swing, we had hook based on the angle of controller rotation, we had decent pin-action physics.

We did not, however, have changing lane conditions, different ball weights, different ball compositions. The only variable was the color of the ball.

Bowlers want as true a simulation as possible to what we see on ESPN on Sunday afternoons during the season. We want to deal with the same "chess match" that the pros deal with in choosing which ball to use, and trying to find the correct line to the pocket. In Wii Sports bowling, once you find a line to the pocket, it doesn't change. Not from shot to shot, not from game to game. That can get boring rather quickly.

The lane conditions variables would be a huge boost. There's a big difference between oil patterns on the average house lane and the oil patterns on ESPN telecasts; the latter allows much less room for error. That's why the average 180 house bowler would have a tough time shooting 140 with the pros. I'd like this aspect in a Wii game.

Sure, I know, it's bowling. But it's the same for everyone who asks why we need more accurate golf simulations, more accurate NASCAR simulations, etc.; participants in a certain activity would like to see games that best simulate that activity. It's that simple. Non-golfers won't see why Wii Sports golf needs to be improved. It's the same with non-bowlers and Wii Sports bowling.

The ideal bowling game would have true motion-accurate controls, variables in ball selection, variable lane conditions, and one key improvement that has even the casual Wii Sports gamer wanting more:

Online play.

17. WiiBad

WiiBad Member of Wiichat

I like the idea of an in depth bowling game, being able to play a career mode season type thing sounds like the bomb. Definitely planning on getting this game. It looks like it will be released at only $39.99.