BT Broadband and it's Technicolor offers!

Star Striker

Definately something.
May 30, 2007
Newry, Co. Down
I've recieved a lot of leaflets and things along with the telephone/broadband bill about BT's new offers and gimmicks etc. Can some one explain the following?

1. What in the hell is the Home Hub and it's features/advantages?
2. What is the Vbox and is it really as free as they claim!?
3. How good is Option 3 (unlimited) broadband?

And finally what would you suggest I go for as I am currently on Option 1 with BT which has download limits and I want unlimited for playing online, downloading etc.

Here's a few links in case you have no idea what I'm talking about:
http://www.homehub.bt.com/
http://www.btvision.bt.com/vision/

Cheers in advance!

Star Striker said:
I've recieved a lot of leaflets and things along with the telephone/broadband bill about BT's new offers and gimmicks etc. Can some one explain the following?

1. What in the hell is the Home Hub and it's features/advantages?
2. What is the Vbox and is it really as free as they claim!?
3. How good is Option 3 (unlimited) broadband?

Cheers in advance!

1. Home hub is half a husband, the advantages of a home one is they stay home and do the work of a regular house wife.

2. Vagina box? I dont know if I'd mess around with a free one

3.Better then the red pill IMO... :cool:

chach said:
1. Home hub is half a husband, the advantages of a home one is they stay home and do the work of a regular house wife.

2. Vagina box? I dont know if I'd mess around with a free one

3.Better then the red pill IMO... :cool:

:lol:

A home hub is like a sorta wireless router that controls everything =/.

My sister has got one and she set it up SO easily.

wiredwirelessdiagram.jpg

Essentially, the BT Home Hub is intended to be the main connection point between BT's phone and broadband system in the outside world, to the way your home communicates - home phone, mobile phone, wireless networking, broadband Internet and television services, with home security due soon too. In a nutshell, here's what the BT Home Hub is:

* A Broadband router - Allowing high-speed ADSL broadband connection to the Internet from home computers, laptops and games consoles (such as the Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Xbox or Sony's PS2 / PS3). Intended for use with BT Total Broadband
* A Wi-fi access point - Supporting the connection of equipment that has wireless capability. This includes some PDAs and laptops, wi-fi webcams and even our old friend, the Nabaztag
* Internet calls - Supports phone calls made over the Internet, for cheaper calling with BT Broadband Talk
* Cordless Phone - Connects with the BT Hub Phone 1010 digital cordless DECT phone (From BT Shop)
* Video Phone - Works with the BT Video Phone 1000 (From BT Shop)
* Fusion: Works with the BT phone package, BT Fusion
* TV: Designed for use with BT's digital TV service, BT Vision
* Home Security: Will interface with a new home security service due later

Just found this, hope it helps =]

Unlimited broadband isn't unlimted. same as any other ISP.

the vbox is just like BT's version of sky.. the box is freee but you still gotta pay the monthly line rental.

+ it's not actually hub, just a gloryfied router with a phone.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmmm. What do you mean unlimited isn't actually unlimited Gaz?

Just to point out, I know about how t'internet works and various technical areas as I'm in an IT course in College. Just want to know more about these particular services/products and if you would reccomend them. ;)

Well they say that you have Unlimited broadband usage, but actually a fair usage policay applies, so if you download a couple of gigs everyday, you will probably get capped eventualy, and maybe even get a few letters saying cut down or find somewhere else.

I've got bt broadband.
The homehub is the router where everything like the phone and vbox is connected.

The V box is the btvision box whichi is basically freeview but you can record pause live tv etc and that sort of stuff, plus its like 4od you can purchase films and stuff in it.

I have option 3 but my speed is like really low just now for the past few weeks.

It's ok and easy to set up etc but it does get annoying if your using a mac, escpecially via wireless because it sometimes drops but on windows there fine.

i have bt broadband and its good.
the homehub is basically a wireless router.
Unlimited isnt unlimited but unless your a computer freak and download 24/7 you have nothing to worry about. i have option 2 and have 8 meg broadband.
it is really fast, i can have three computers a DS and my wii on mario strikers at the sam time and i get no lag at all.
it is good and reliable, also fast (depending on where you live)

Back