btvoyager2091

241 boi

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2007
Hey everyone,
basically here's the problem and i cant really describe it too well but anyway i cant get onto the shop and i kinda want to because my mum said i can download a game but i cant get on when i try and search for an acces point it says none found i am on BTVOYAGER2091-8F and the speed of it is 54.0mbps it can work anywhere in the house. er.......if you want to ask a question about the internet connection just ask me because i dunno how what to write next,
Many thanks
241 boi
;)

241 boi said:
Hey everyone,
basically here's the problem and i cant really describe it too well but anyway i cant get onto the shop and i kinda want to because my mum said i can download a game but i cant get on when i try and search for an acces point it says none found i am on BTVOYAGER2091-8F and the speed of it is 54.0mbps it can work anywhere in the house. er.......if you want to ask a question about the internet connection just ask me because i dunno how what to write next,
Many thanks
241 boi
;)

whoa.. dude use sentences. that was painful..

haz i dont really understand :S sorry i aint really good with that sort of thing

MAC filtering is not related to Mac, as in, made by Apple, in any way.

Code:
A MAC address, short for Media Access Control address, is a unique code assigned to most forms of networking hardware. The address is permanently assigned to the hardware, so limiting a wireless network's access to hardware -- such as wireless cards -- is a security feature employed by closed wireless networks. But an experienced hacker -- armed with the proper tools -- can still figure out an authorized MAC address, masquerade as a legitimate address and access a closed network.

241 boi said:
i am on windows so no its not mac

lol - sorry had to chuckle.

MAC filtering does not refer to Windows/Mac, but rather a security feature built into your router. MAC filtering will prevent unauthorised wireless devices from connecting to your router.

wel is there a way to check do i have this "MAC" thing?

241 boi said:
wel is there a way to check do i have this "MAC" thing?

Uhm, it's not a "you either have it or you don't", EVERYTHING that can connect to a network has one. Sorry that I'm not helping you solve your problem, but this is kind of funny..

What's the Make and Model number of your router. If you could provide a web link to one that is on slae on the web, then it would help.

MaXiMiUS said:
Uhm, it's not a "you either have it or you don't", EVERYTHING that can connect to a network has one. Sorry that I'm not helping you solve your problem, but this is kind of funny..

Like i say nt good in that department

wait i'm gonna have to get back to u on that one but i'll check

meanwhile.................
i heard someone talk about security settings whats that about

NEVER MIND HAZ ITS ALRIGHT BUT THANKS FOR HELPING :D

For future refrence if your internet connection ever goes down. Just call the tech support from your router or dsl or whatever. Usually they will be helpful also. Just said because there are sooo many threads about this. =) GL and remember to put a WEP code.

Back