Building a custom Sensor Bar

Hey ABC, how long do you think the sensors will last before the battery runs out?

Of course, depends on the battery as well...

I NEED the distance, playing on a projector is hard enough.

My roomates brother made me one that is pretty well put together. He also found out that is you take a lense filter thingy out of a webcam, it becomes an infrared sensor camera.

Miragepie said:
Hey ABC, how long do you think the sensors will last before the battery runs out?

Of course, depends on the battery as well...

It depends on the battery casing you use and the resistor you use in the signal flow chain. I am thinking of going with a 47 Ohm resistor with a 2 AAA battery enclosure. It pumping alittle more power than the video I posted so the batteries will drain quicker, but it should give you more strength as more power is getting to the Infrared LED.

So here's how it's going to look:

I am going to use a smaller resistor (47 ohms)
6 High-Output LEDS (3 on each of the 2 battery enclosures)
2 AAA Battery Enclosures (Holds 2 batteries each)
2 On-Off Switches
A solder gun and some times out of my busy ass life

Should be done by next monday.

ABC said:
A powersuply for them... I am hoping I can solder up a 9V battery pack enclosure to make it wireless.

I am currently working on finding the best quality parts then my next step of "pre-production" will begin where I decide on how to go about my little project.

Looks like either Nyko, Nintendo, or someone else beat you to it... http://www.wirelesssensorbar.com. Doesn't say if they increased the range or not, but they do seem to be using 9V batteries...

xbandaidx said:
Thats expensive for that. Damn. Plus 48 hours of playtime isn't enough for me.

Two guesses...

1. They had to rush the product, so it's probably not as potent as the normal sensor bar but it still works.

2. To rush a product this quick would cost a very high premium, hence the high price.

If you look on eBay, some of these exact models are going for cheap. One guy even listed it at $0.99...

Any update ABC?

I tried but i used 2 AA on one led and it blew lol, i need to get more led's. I have one working connected to 1 AA only.

I made one. And it works. I used a 9 volt. I'd be interested to see the schematic for someone who made one with AA batteries.
To be honest I don't know what I made. I brought the YouTube schematic to the electrical engineers at work and they said it wouldn't work. So they redesigned this one for me and I made it.
This is the insides and final project.
100_0918.jpg

yea that looks pretty good. i was just wondering, what resistors did you buy? Where did you buy them? If you can help me out, its much appreciated.

do you have a part list ? or what is the part number for that box you have there.

Last edited:
This sounds great and if you do make one that can make the wii more accurate i would buy one off ya :)

AL-GoRE

Back