Burn In Reduction?

Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
Well this is my first time doing anything with online gaming, as I have just bought a Wireless router (Linksys, it was a good 70 bucks, an online gamer from work referred it to me.). And I noticed as I'm doing some settings, it said that my Wii Console has a Burn In reduction setting (or something similar to that criteria.), and I was just wondering, what does that mean?

This is very much not an online thing, thus, this is the wrong forum...

However, to answer your question; Burn-In Reduction is a tool that forces your Wii to display what I suppose you could call, a screen saver. This is mainly for use with Plasma and LCD displays. A Burn-In occurs when your TV set is displaying the same, static image, for a long period of time. What this screen saver does, is basically to either dim the output from the Wii when you're not using it, or to display a moving image of some-sort that prevent any one image from being burnt into your screen.

I am assuming with the Wii, that the output dimming is how it handles this. If you have a Plasma TV, or an LCD, then this option should definitely be on. Even if you don't, there is no reason why it shouldn't. In fact, I have no idea why it is even an option, and why it just isn't on all the time.

Well, hope that helps. Hope I didn't confuse you. I went in circles a bit. You probably get it.

Yup, I fell asleep while playing Zelda with the screen paused before this feature was released. I woke up and some of the stuff that was on screen stayed there for like an hour then went away.

DrYou said:
Yup, I fell asleep while playing Zelda ....
WOW. How is that even possible with all those scary twilight goblins everywhere and evil bird things flying just above you?

Qrell said:
WOW. How is that even possible with all those scary twilight goblins everywhere and evil bird things flying just above you?

Wine makes it possible.

Back