Buy or rent Red Steel?

gspin2k1

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2007
So I just got a WII yesterday and already have Zelda and Wii Sports. Great games so far. Planning to add another 1-2 games to soon. My girlfriend and I are in our early 20s and play at most 10-20 hours a week. Definitely fan of classic games like bomberman, mario, but also love first person shooters like Halo and resistance (Yes, we have a PS3, but we love both systems equally, so no hatred please).
Anyway, Red Steel sounds like it's cool especially when combined with the remote and nunchuck for a slash and shoot battle. But from what i'm reading in reviews, it's not all what it's cracked up to be, and etc. I personally hate renting games because if you find out you want to buy the game, you feel like you just wasted $5-7 bucks renting a game you're gonna own forever. Anyway just wanted to know other people's opinions on the games. Others I was considering; Spongebob, madden, Super monkeyball, Rayman.
Thanks a bunch
~Gavin

I was very dissapointed with the sword fighting, I suggest you rent it first because its not everyones cup of tea, it also has a couple of glitches but other than that its a really good game.

I read about people saying it had glitches..i'm wondering what kind've glitches i'd encounter...getting stuck in maps? crashes? bad graphics?
~G

Rent it. I beat it in 10hr 21 minutes and would have been unhappy if i bought it..glad i rented

Yeah So I did a call to hollywood video and it's $7.99 plus Tax to rent for 5 days. I can buy it used for $35-40 bucks, and it it really sucks I think I could probably still sell it for at least $30. Now i'm really debating on just buying it..unless anyone else can recommend a better place to rent? and by better..i mean..CHEAPER hheheh

Truly i would do none. Dont RENT it or BUY it. It was a real dissapointment.

Save your eyes from the pain and dont get it.

Get Elebits!

gspin2k1 said:
I read about people saying it had glitches..i'm wondering what kind've glitches i'd encounter...getting stuck in maps? crashes? bad graphics?
~G
Well the glitches Ive encountered were -

Getting stuck in a box (yes I was literally in a box)
Game suddenly crashing and making a beeping sound
Sometimes the sensor thing goes weird for a couple of seconds
Getting stuck under some stairs
Suddenly not being able to move fowards

The graphics arnt the best but they are ok. Despite all those glitches it is a ok game and I would proberly rate it 7.2/10

it has fun four player deathmatch and is pretty fun for single player
it's nothing spectacular though
i personally am glad i bought it
but u should definitely buy madden, it's way fun

Back