Buying a PS2 tomarrow

sherwood3570

infused
May 20, 2007
Michigan
Wii Online Code
1830-2062-7374-0757
I was planning on a PS3 but a PS2 sounds a little more wallet friendly. I decided to wait a few years for a PS3.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me some good games from PS1 and PS2 that I wouldn't normally find on a top ten list. I don't think I really want war games of any sort. I already have Battlefield 2, Metal Gear Solid, Halo, and many others for Xbox.
I'm really interested in the Kingdom Hearts series and Devil May Cry. I also want to pick up all those Final Fantasy Games that I've missed out on.

I appreciate the help.

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 are great, the Devil May Cry's are great, God of War 1 & 2 are great, the Final Fantasy's (my personal favourite)

sherwood3570 said:
I was planning on a PS3 but a PS2 sounds a little more wallet friendly. I decided to wait a few years for a PS3.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me some good games from PS1 and PS2 that I wouldn't normally find on a top ten list. I don't think I really want war games of any sort. I already have Battlefield 2, Metal Gear Solid, Halo, and many others for Xbox.
I'm really interested in the Kingdom Hearts series and Devil May Cry. I also want to pick up all those Final Fantasy Games that I've missed out on.

I appreciate the help.
Those three franchises are probably the best of what Sony Exclusives have to offer. At the very least, they'll tide you over till you get the chance to pick up something else.

For about a quarter of the PS3 price AFTER GETTING A GAME (most {or is it all?} PS3 releases also releasing on PS2), this sounds like the way to go for now. May have to follow in your footsteps for Nascar 08', etc, which seem to not be releasing on Wii.

You never bought a Playstation?! You missed out!

FF7,FF8, FF10, FF12(Avoid X-2!)
Resident Evil 0,1-4
Xeno Gears
Silent Hill 1-4
Shadows of Collosus
God Of War 1-2
Metal Gear Solid 1-3
Disgaea
Soul Calibur 2
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Zone of Enders 1-2
Jak and Daxter
Breath of Fire 3,4, maybe 5
Parasite Eve 1-2

These are just a few. There are plenty more. The PS2 was the best console ever made. It'll take a lot to surpass that. So far no one can.

There are way to many on that system....games are still flowing in on the PS2. as we speak

Yea, I just got one right after reading this thread off ebay, brand new and shipped for less than $130; that's about 1/3 of the price of the PS3! Nascar 08' is also $20 cheaper. After missing out on the PS2 myself, this will supplement Wii/Cube play very nicely. PS3 is prob some 2 years away from being completely possible for me as it seems to be for most. This feels like a really good decision.

If you can wait, I recommend getting the Sony PSP Slim. It will be out in September. It can hook up to the t.v. which is cool! :)

I am going to sell my Sony PSP soon and wait until the new one comes out. Besides, I already have a Wii so I really don't need my Sony PSP anymore.

The only thing advantage I see in getting the Sony PS2 is you have a choice of controllers you can hook up to.

secrecyguy said:
If you can wait, I recommend getting the Sony PSP Slim. It will be out in September. It can hook up to the t.v. which is cool! :)

I am going to sell my Sony PSP soon and wait until the new one comes out. Besides, I already have a Wii so I really don't need my Sony PSP anymore.

The only thing advantage I see in getting the Sony PS2 is you have a choice of controllers you can hook up to.
I wouldn't. I never play my PSP since there are no good games. (IMO)

Celestial said:
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 are great, the Devil May Cry's are great, God of War 1 & 2 are great, the Final Fantasy's (my personal favourite)
That is exactly why I still wonder why we are not the best of friends. :lol:
All the games that you have listed are also my favourite, especially the FF series.

Anyway, to the original poster: Getting a PS2 is a great idea. I am sure that you will love most of the games, such as those listed above by Celestial.

yo dude yo

Hey, thanks everyone for helping my out. I didn't think I'd get very much replies. I think I'm going to buy devil may cry, devil may cry 3, or god of war. Only one though because my wallet is going to be lacking thickness afterwords.

Ahem (Short list)

PS1: Darkstone (RPG) Legend Of Legaia (RPG) Legend Of Dragoon (RPG) Treasures of the Deep, (Explorer) T.R.A.G. (Shooter)

PS2: Dynasty Warriors franchise (Tactical fighting/fuedal war) Gran Tourismo 4 (Driving sim) Soul Calibur lll (Fighter) Dragonball Z Budokai 3 (Fighter) Starwars Battlefront (Shooter/war) Star Ocean (RPG) SOCOM US Navy Seals ll (Stealth/Shooter/online) Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater (Stealth/Shooter)

Could come up with a HUGE list for you, but this should be good for now!
PS2=GOD

Thanks Tails. I forgot to ask...What games are good for online play, what do I need to get online?

I'm googling right now but other feedback is surely nice.

Back