Buying a PS2 tomarrow

Joe said:
Well you may think DQ sucks, but its truly a brilliant game if you play it long enough. Exploring is what really made me love the game, and the interesting characters. Even then, the series is huge and it sells great in Japan. So it one of those series that stick around forever.
But I loved Star Oceans bizarre storyline. It had so many twists! Man, I really hope we see a sequel! Id buy it in a flash!
I just didnt like it is all. Star Ocean (just bought it, so im still playing it) is soooo good. The guy I bought it from gave me mint box and discs for $15!!!

Tails McCloud~ said:
I just didnt like it is all. Star Ocean (just bought it, so im still playing it) is soooo good. The guy I bought it from gave me mint box and discs for $15!!!

Once you get off Ellicor II expect some major twists if your not there already. The game gets absolutely frightening later on though...and pretty intense. But once your actually done with game theres ton more to do.

Also, get Legend of Mana for the PS1.

None of the Mana series have been able to live up to Secret of Mana, but this is a good second.

uh, if you can somehow find these rare games, i suggest you get them:

Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Destrega
Dark Cloud

My game store has Zone of Enders. It's only $8 should I pick it up?

I'm so jealous of people who've never played a ps2 before. It's like you get to play the best selection of games ever for the first time all at one time for hardly any money.

The only negative there is that the graphics don't hold that same wow factor they used to, unless of course you're playing the later Ps2 games like GoW 2, Shadow of the Colossus, and Odin Sphere.

As long as you're an all-around gamer meaning you're not one to only like FPS or RTS, you'll love the Ps2. You just gotta be able to find the good games.

As for my favorites:

ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
Ratchet and Clank 1-3
Twisted Metal Black (This is mainly fun if you have friends that like to game)
Sly Cooper 1-3
Jak and Daxter
Space Channel 5
Final Fantasy X
Okami
Klonoa 2
God of War 1-2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Zone of the Enders 1-2 (Good luck finding the 2nd one cheap)

There are many others worth getting, but I'd put those as first priority.

Dark Cloud isnt actually rare...my game store has literally 10 copies of the game! What is really hard to find is Dark Cloud 2! Ive been to at least 5 stores already and none have it! But if you can find Dark Cloud or Dark Cloud 2 you should check it out.

Oh and Zone of the Enders was a pretty good game! It was made by Hideo Kojima, the same man that created the amazing MGS series. So you should probably check it out too :)

sherwood3570 said:
My game store has Zone of Enders. It's only $8 should I pick it up?
hells yea! i say that game is equal to kingdom hearts, maybe even better. its a fast, good-looking, mech game where you control this "orbital frame" called Jehuty. its really fun, and after u beat it, it has alot more stuff to do. it even has a versus mode (1-2 players) where u can pick all the boss orbital frames and fight, and of course, u can pick jehuty too. you'll also fall in love with the battle AI that was made with jehuty, named A.D.A. Grab ur enemies, use them as weapons or shields, slash the crap out of them, blast them down with your lazers and destroy them with your 15 (i think) subweapons. man, i get excited just thinking about the game. you'll love it.

Loads of brilliant games!

PS

V-Rally - absolute classic!
Doom
Ridge Racer Revolution
Gran Turismo 1,2
Resident Evil 2
Colin McRae Rally

PS2

Gran Turismo 3, 4
Burnout
Quake 3
GTA : Vice City
WRC

sherwood3570 said:
I was planning on a PS3 but a PS2 sounds a little more wallet friendly. I decided to wait a few years for a PS3.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me some good games from PS1 and PS2 that I wouldn't normally find on a top ten list. I don't think I really want war games of any sort. I already have Battlefield 2, Metal Gear Solid, Halo, and many others for Xbox.
I'm really interested in the Kingdom Hearts series and Devil May Cry. I also want to pick up all those Final Fantasy Games that I've missed out on.

I appreciate the help.

m8, your a bit late arnt you

Well Although PS2 is a lot cheaper its games are coming out slow though. Don't get me wrong I have a PS2 and love it but not that many new games are coming out though, like by the end of this year I think games will stop coming out for it. Well if you got a Ps2 Check out some of the cool Games:
Dynasty Warriors Series
Kingdom Hearts Series
Champions Return To Arms
and many more =]

Dude, it's running on 8 years old. The fact they still even bother making PS2's is only impressive enough. You still get new games, rejoice.

Disgea is a must have. Rare to the max.

Back