Buying A Wii From EBay, Is it safe?

xxskaterxx

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
I have been thinkin about buying a wii off of ebay but worried cause this will be my first purchase from ebay, what are the risk, wat happens if i get the product and its not wat i ordered?plz help, Plz only post if u have used ebay before, and r experienced with it

I've never really bought anything off ebay. But what I do know is that you should make sure to check the seller's feedback and make sure you fully know what your getting. Because when it says "14 games" it is often just Wiiplay and Wiisports. So read through carefully!

ya im just wondering like if i dont get my product like at all or something, is there a way to get my money bak?

i honestly personally wouldn't chance it. specially with something that is that expensive. but that's just me. i'd wait til they have them in stores if i were you.

read everything very clearly before u bid/buy it. i buy from ebay all the time and never had a problem before, i bought my Dell XPS M1710 laptop im using right now from eBay for 2900 which retailed at dell.com for over $4,500 with the same spec's, make sure the sellers feedback is decent, i tend not to buy from sellers that have negative feedback saying like "item was not as described" or something like that. read the guarantee policy and if they allow you to do a refund or exchange and you will have to pay for shipping even if the item is a defect, but other then that its a good way to buy stuff, i save tons of money buying from ebay when i compare it from retail stores. goodluck!

read clearly, I buy everything off ebay and my girlfriend just got me the wii bundle off ebay and everything is brand new. What a merry christmas :)
my first post!

I've brought off ebay, and HAVE been scammed twice, you are really taking risks when buying, but i dont buy expensive stuff of ebay, just dvd ect.

Just be careful when buying, sorry for no help, iwouldn't risk it though....

i bought my wii off ebay. it was 100% good. i made sure the guy had good feedback, good shipping, i asked him WHY he was selling it....just the standard ebay stuff.

Like others said above, just make sure the seller you are buying from has a good feedback number. Check out the, say, last 20-30 items that person has sold and you can kind of gauge by that.
If they only sell a bunch of 1-2 dollar items to boost there feedback rating, and have never sold a Wii before(or any other consoles for that matter) then
I would avoid them. Go with somebody that has a ebay store. It's more secure.
Just do you homework before you drop 300-400 bucks on an ebay item.

yea it's completely safe as long as the user doesn't have negative feedback and for higher priced items such as the wii i'd make sure they've sold at least 5 or 10 items successfully, and btw i have a wii that i was planning to sell on there so if you want details PM me

Back