Buying a Wii in teh USA and using in the UK

gcc1961

WiiChat Member
Nov 12, 2007
Hi everyone, I am new to this Web Site and wanted to know if anyone can advise me if a purchased Wii in teh USA will work in the UK. Hopefully someone can confirm either way. Thank you in advance

It will work (use a step down converter so it dont blow up)
UK games wont work on it thow

Welcome to WiiChat. Regarding your question: The US Wii consoles are NTSC standard, so they will only play NTSC games. Even if you brought the console to the UK, which is PAL standard, the US Wii console will not be able to play European games. You will have to import.

Byuakuya said:
Welcome to WiiChat. Regarding your question: The US Wii consoles are NTSC standard, so they will only play NTSC games. Even if you brought the console to the UK, which is PAL standard, the US Wii console will not be able to play European games. You will have to import.
Thank you for your help. So it is fair to say it will work in the UK on UK Televisions as long as teh games come from teh USA. Thanks gain your advice is very helpful.

Regards George C

Also for VC downloads DONT GET A UK POINTS CARD I have been told it dosnt work but you should be able to buy them on the wii (with a credit card)

Welcome,and UK has a different electrical system, so you need a converter or something like that, and no, UK Wii accessories wont work on an american Wii either.Just to confirm and add to wat others said above.

Back