Buying a Wii

mfgriggs

WiiChat Member
Jul 4, 2007
Hi everyone,
I would like to buy my son a wii for his upcoming 7th birthday. I don't really care for video games so dread the idea of having to figure out all the little pieces to buy. Could you guys please save me the trouble and tell me what components I should buy along with the console. I would like to keep the total bill less than $1,000.

Thanks

Well, the console in stores is $250. This is all in American Dollars by the way. If you buy the Wii online it might be more or less, it depends. If you want to play with him you would need an extra remote and nunchuk, as it comes with one of each. The remote and nunchuk is the controller that you use. If you want 3 people to play at one time, you would need 3 remotes and 3 nunchuks and so on. The remotes are $40 each and nunchuks are $20 each. Moving forward, I bought a wii air cooler (a fan) just in case my wii overheats. It tends to get very warm if you have a connection to the internet on all the time. I do not know if you are interested in this, but its $15. Now for the games. it's really up to you and what your son is interested in, but just some ideas are, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Mario Party 8, Cooking Mama Cook Off, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Wii Play, Pokemon Battle Revolution (Which has Wifi.) I hope you find everything you need! Good Luck.

dont get cooking mama..the recipes take 2 hours to complete all of them...id reccoment WiiPlay for 49.99 and it also comes with a wiimote...so the game is only 10dollars

Get some games they'll try out later like Twilight Princess. A variety of games is your main goal. If you buy your kid one set of games, like MMOs and only MMOs they grow up anti social... sometimes.

Here are types of games to avoid... I grew up playing them, and I can see where this guy's anger comes from. Ah childhood memories.

http://cinemassacre.com/Movies/Nes_Nerd_videos.html

Well you got some good help with the console, here are some more games.
There are tons of movie games out there like Shrek, Chicken Little etc. Those games would be great for him. And for yourself when he is not playing with the wii, pick up Zelda Twilight Princess, Godfather or maybe Need For Speed.

Also good luck with getting a wii, and I hope you both are happy with the console.

get wii play, its a game that comes with a controller for like $50, good for alot of people and heck its cheaper because it comes with the control

Definatley get Wii Play for your son. Also you'll have 2 controllers for when he kicks your arse on Wii Sports!!! :p

Back