Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Buying the Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by chain-z, May 6, 2007.

1. chain-z

chain-z WiiChat Member

Hi guys,i'm new here,and i need you'r opinion.My birthday is coming up,and i really want a Wii.Do you think i should buy it? Does the Wii graphics suck? :scared:
    And what about Spiderman 3,is it really that bad?!
    Sorry for all the questions!
    Please reply...THANKS in advance!

2. zachp18

zachp18 me two game systems below

Wii Friend Code: 6651-9695-6213-2367
    6651-9695-6213-2367
    I would buy it for sure. It has great originality, and games. Rep me if i help you by clicking the green mushroom. Spiderman 3 is up to you.

3. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay.
    Naturally, on a Wii forum, people will surely tell you to get a Wii. :lol:
    But yeah, the console is great fun. And regarding Spider-man for the Wii, there have been good and bad reviews on it, so its really up to you to search and then decide for yourself. Goodluck. :thumbsup:

4. paintba||er

paintba||er WiiChat Member

Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: s
    Wii Friend Code: 8354-0173-2009-5422
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Well this is a Wii forum so everyone is going to say to get one. Yes the graphics do suck, if you want good graphics and you have a HDTV then get a PS3 or a 360. I'm not sure about Spiderman though since I have yet to play it.

5. gingerkid

gingerkid Banned

The graphics are not THAT bad. Sure, your not going to have a game on wii that looks like its a 360 game but I think there okay graphics. They are a step up from gamecube. Plus, the gameplay makes you forget about the graphics. I suggest you buy one but only if you can find it, they are like finding a needle in a haystack.

6. ottoman

ottoman Banned

Wii Friend Code: 1156-6661-4692-6561
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    Welcome! and yes i think you should buy it. and NO wii graphics arent crap.

See you around and good luck!

7. FR.

FR. Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 4253-4708-4555-0363
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Do you think I should buy it?: Yes, it is very smple, esay to learn and very creative. there are also many good games being released in the near future.

Does the Wii's Graphics suck?: to some point, but they are generally OK. Everything looks good. It's not so bad that you will notice anything.

How's Spider-Man 3?: Graphics have gotton horrible reviews, landmarks are repetitive and the fighting is dull.

That should answer your questions.

8. Wiiownu

Wiiownu Banned

Yes you should get the wii, it owns! perfect timing who knows what the summer will bring. Spiderman-3 was pretty good to me. i think it was over hyped and people expected to much. It was really good, i love it. Great game IMO. Anyways i HIGHLY suggest youget the wii you will NOT be dispointed.

9. Major Tom

Major Tom Uss Clan *****

Wii Friend Code: 5935-0595-2673-3600
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    I'd say get the Wii.

10. ---Brian---

---Brian--- WiiChat Member

Id say no, the games are really bad at the moment, the graphics, lol whoever said they are a step-up from the Gamecube is blind, if anything it's a major step down from the games ive saw. I feel stupid for getting the Wii, and am considering selling for a ps3, £500 for all i have sounds great, I really need half-decent graphics to enjoy a game, and the controls can be annoying, especially when your playing a Fps, and the controller does not respond or aim correctly for minutes at a time, this happens too frequent for my liking in Cod:3 and Red Steel. The remotes are good but do not make up for the lack of power the wii has, and they also still have some problems on the remotes they got to fix.

11. Major Tom

Major Tom Uss Clan *****

Wii Friend Code: 5935-0595-2673-3600
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    Red Steels controls wern't that bad. COD:3 was an unfinshed game. The controls were never fully finished. It was a half-assed attempt at a game.

12. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

Agreed on all counts.

13. Smurfette

Smurfette WiiChat Member

It depends on the person. I don't really think the wii is for hard core gamers. I don't think the graphics are that bad either. It's all about the wii controls. I like moving around to play my games instead of just hitting the buttons. Playing against others online hasn't started yet but when that happens, it's going to be great. I don't know about the spiderman 3. I haven't heard much about that yet.

14. nosayr

nosayr WiiChat Member

if u wanna get fat as an elephant and stop working then buy a PS3, but if u wanna stay cool and skinny :) then buy a freakin' Wii cuz' its AwEsOmE!
    nvm bout graphics, u only care about FUN!

15. ---Brian---

Or you can excercise and stay healthy and still play a Ps3. Ive been button bashing for about 8 years(im 16) and im still fit.

16. Half Empty

Half Empty CHAD SMITH IS KING!

Wii Friend Code: 7404-0035-3816-1331
    7404-0035-3816-1331
    Yes you should definetally get a Wii. Although there aren't the best games out for it yet, the Wii will get them soon. Spiderman 3, I heard that the camera was horrible but if you can live through that then go ahead. And the graphics at times can be bad, but a lot of the Nintendo games coming out look beautiful.

17. Wii-Wild

Wii-Wild WiiChat Member

Oh come on now. The graphics are better than both my PS2 and original XBOX. They're not as bad as SOME people make them out to be. They are just not as good as 360 or PS3, but they're still good.

18. bubs

bubs WiiChat Member

Brian, can you please explain to me that if PS3 is soo good, why games like Fight Night round 3 can get laggy when punching sometimes?

Surely a machine that 'powerful' can handle a simple boxing game without struggling? The Xbox 360 has no problems with it and its older and less 'powerful' than PS3?

Read some reviews from a reputable gaming site like IGN, you will probably cry finding out that some PS3 games have problems.

Umm have any PS3 games been rated anything over 8.5 or 9? surely they i'd expect all games to be a high 8 or 9's for the console having so much power and its price?

Let me know when you find any Brian.

19. Nfanboy

Nfanboy Mario Fanatic

Wii graphics are very good, though not as good as PS3 or 360, but close.

gameplay is amazing and the Wiimote's controlls are great. Games like Wii Sports and WarioWare: Smooth Moves really get you up off the chair and into the game.

The best games and more Hard Core games are coming out this year, and even online play is coming this year. You've got Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and many others coming out soon.

Just my opinion. Don't listen to those other people. like Brian.

20. ---Brian---

*Got my Ps3 6 days ago, Fight Night doesnt lag at all for me? nor does any game for that matter on the Ps3 and i have MotorStorm, F1, Resistance and Virtua Tennis. But you want to talk about lag? Blazing Angels on the Wii, great game but it lags if anymore than 4 planes turn up on your screen, thats how pathetic the Wii is in my opinion. Its ok fun, but too under-powered.*

Ohh and most Ps3 games so far have got between 7-9, MotorStorm, Resistance, F1. Apart from Zelda and Mario, ive saw wii games getting ratings below 5.