buying wii games from usa

NormandyRosa

WiiChat Member
Feb 22, 2007
Can anyone advise me on this - my son wants a game for the wii, which is out in USA but not UK or Europe. My friend is going to USA in a few weeks, if she buys it - will it work on a wii console bought in europe ?

ie is the wii console universal ?

thanks xx
:wink:

NormandyRosa said:
Can anyone advise me on this - my son wants a game for the wii, which is out in USA but not UK or Europe. My friend is going to USA in a few weeks, if she buys it - will it work on a wii console bought in europe ?

ie is the wii console universal ?

thanks xx
:wink:

No.

The european wii's run PAL. The north american wii's run NTSC.

They are different regions so they are not compatibil unless the wii has been fit with a chip.

well, that was a quick reply, tyvm for that . most helpful ! where in NE UK are you? used to live in Northumberland. now in northern france

thanks wiilson, saved me a bit of money and my son some heartache too. I suppose we will have to wait until the game is launched in Europe. Cant understand why they dont do a global launch on games - he wants Pokemon Battle Revolution, and they keep delaying the release dates - so frustrating for a 9 yr old Pokemon mad fan

Last edited by a moderator:
NormandyRosa said:
well, that was a quick reply, tyvm for that . most helpful ! where in NE UK are you? used to live in Northumberland. now in northern france

Myself, Middlesbrough near Sunderland.

It works in a similar way to dvd players as they are also region locked, although there are some region free dvd players.

Hehe, battle revolution should be released in europe soon enough, I might be picking it up myself.

Back