Bwii or MoH:Heroes 2

Secumfex said:
Well, actually u mixed these things up a little. You're right to the point that it doesn't use friend code system. But the friend system does not equal the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is kind of the internet for the Wii.
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 will feature EA's Online System via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, so it DOES have Wi-Fi, but DOES NOT have friendcode. These are two different things.

is this gonna be like madden 08 then? cuz i wasnt impressed when i rented it to play online. maybe it will be better cuz there were only like 80 players online for madden when i was playing.

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles..
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2

On November 13th I will be in posession of all these games.
No computer for a week at least.

gamerzfuse said:

Woah, wait.. there's a gonna be a Tomb Raider game for the Wii!?!

GigaOni said:
Woah, wait.. there's a gonna be a Tomb Raider game for the Wii!?!
2 things:

a: you need to skip another frame or two on your sig, its WAY too slow.

b: check gonintendo or ign once in a while, this has been known for over a month.

gamerzfuse said:

where's galaxy? and are you sure you want Resident Evil? it doesn't look so good.

Secumfex said:
Well, actually u mixed these things up a little. You're right to the point that it doesn't use friend code system. But the friend system does not equal the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is kind of the internet for the Wii.
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 will feature EA's Online System via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, so it DOES have Wi-Fi, but DOES NOT have friendcode. These are two different things.

You're mixed up. He isn't. The Nintendo Wifi Connection is Nintendo's online network--it's a name for a service, not the name of the mechanism (also called "wifi") which most Wii's will use to connect to your router. MOHH2 does not connect to Nintendo Wifi Connection at all. It can connect to the internet and EA nation by way of the Wii's wifi radio or or a wired usb adapter.
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 will feature EA's Online System via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection,

It never touches Nintendo's network.

I'm real excited for MOH after reading this thread. I didn't know that it was going to use EAs online service. Yay for not needing a friend code.

I'll wait the extra time and get this over Bwii

If the controls for MOH are as tight as Metroids are.....this is gonna be one hell of a game

Wiinter said:
You're mixed up. He isn't. The Nintendo Wifi Connection is Nintendo's online network--it's a name for a service, not the name of the mechanism (also called "wifi") which most Wii's will use to connect to your router. MOHH2 does not connect to Nintendo Wifi Connection at all. It can connect to the internet and EA nation by way of the Wii's wifi radio or or a wired usb adapter.

It never touches Nintendo's network.

So is the regular Nintendo USB adapter still going to work for me? or do I have to pick up something new?

tank said:
So is the regular Nintendo USB adapter still going to work for me? or do I have to pick up something new?

If you can use Opera for the Web, if you can download updates, you can connect to EA Nation. Use the wifi radio, use the wired oem usb adapter, it makes no difference.

No one with a net connected Wii will need to pick up anything new. Just pop the game in and go. It will do all the work.

the fifth said:
How does the EA nation online work? there must be a code to share of some kind is there not??

There are EA Nation nicknames, but you don't need them to get into a game with random people from a lobby. You connect, you look at all the servers running publicly, and pick one (with fewer than 32 people on it) to jump in on (no need to even wait for a new game).

I'm not a hundred percent sure how all the mechanisms work for creating private games only between you and your buddies. Will there be game invites messaged to their Nation username? Will you need to send them a code outside of the Nation system? Will you just wait for them to find your server and then only approve people jumping in when you recognize their username? I don't know.

But to just get on and start playing, it's designed to be very quick and pain free. You can play with anyone, whether you've both presented certified proof of friendship or not. It's sad that only major publishers like EA will be able to provide a NWC alternative, because I hope we never see a 3rd party game using the ridiculously restrictive Nintendo service.

I have a Nintendo Usb Connector and i dont have the internet channel on my Wii
Could i still play this game online?

Back