C64 titles appearing on the VC confirmed?

captainff

slightly amused
Feb 25, 2007
Wii Online Code
5537-0855-7535-2075
I can't find the source of this quote, but it's popping up everywhere, from Bala Keilman the CEO of Commadore Gaming

By working with Nintendo of Europe, we are ensuring that future generations of gamers can play some of the best and most popular titles that kick-started the computer games revolution and so keep the C64 legacy in gamers hearts.

It is universally believed to mean that C64 titles are definitely heading the way of the VC.

Good news?

Good news then!

BUT

500 points is a bit steep for games that cost £1.99 originally.

I can't think of one C64 game worth playing ... this is bad news as it will only stem the flow of better games.

Oh great
Due to Nintendos policy of prefect conversions wii will have to wait half a hour for the damn things to start while listenin to that sound

How is that a rip off? They are more advanced than NES games but are priced the same.

AAAAA! I'll never forget the feeling of playing Ghouls N' Ghosts on the original C64! You had to run the ANALOG CASETTE all the way to the end, then run it backwards and (if u were lucky!!) then u could play the game on your tv!!

So instead of more SNES, and N64 games, we get another console. Computer games? I don't know much about the C64, other than it's really freaking old. It's great that we have all these consoles. Now Nintendo should focus on releasing more Virtual Console games in general. I don't want to wait until year 15 for Chrono Trigger.

sagema said:
So instead of more SNES, and N64 games, we get another console. Computer games? ...Now Nintendo should focus on releasing more Virtual Console games in general. I don't want to wait until year 15 for Chrono Trigger.
perhaps nintendo has nothing to do with moving the games over to VC... it woiuld be the commodore gaming group via nintendo's technology?

Napalmbrain said:
500 points for C64 games? Rip-off!

Normally I'd say the more consoles, the better, but I'm not so sure about this one...

Agreed.
Not sure about this one completely, but more consoles does seem to be good.

The C64 had some great games and i hope that it gets added to the US VC as well.

Games worth looking out for would be:

Sacred Armour of Antirad
Wizzball
The Last Ninja (1-3)
Kickstart
Anything by Thalamus

And most of all, one of the best games ever created..
Paradroid!

sagema said:
So instead of more SNES, and N64 games, we get another console. Computer games? I don't know much about the C64, other than it's really freaking old. It's great that we have all these consoles. Now Nintendo should focus on releasing more Virtual Console games in general. I don't want to wait until year 15 for Chrono Trigger.

It's not Nintendo or the the other console manufacturers' fault Chrono Trigger isn't out yet. Blame Squeenix, there the ones holding back on the VC.

The Commodore 64 is probably one of the coolest things ever invented. It had great games and it also has one of the most unique sound chips ever. To this day some modern recording artists still use the sound chip because it sounds so cool. Some of the best game soundtracks ever were made on the C64.

A lot of the games also came out on the NES as 3rd party games but the C64 versions looked better.

I've always heard Elite was an awesome game. One game I used to play a lot was Law of the West. Montezuma's Revenge. Used to play that a lot. Also, Lode Runner.

There are a few games I really want to play that I've heard good things about:

Air Support
Castles of Dr. Creep
Elite
Fast Tracks
Park Patrol
PSI-5 Trading Company

Last edited:
sagema said:

I'm with you, by the time Nintendo actually releases the 14 or so N64 games I actually owned and sold to justify purchasing them via the VC, the Wii system will be out of date and I will have no further desire left to purchase VC games, which frankly is hanging by a thread now as it is.

I know I sound like a broken record but I'm just completely disappointed with Nintendo's treatment of N64 console as it relates to releasing games to the VC, in favor of what... TGFX16 and a handful of Dreamcast games.

Still voting with my wallet. Seemingly a complete waste of time as the games I expected to see by now are probably never going to see the light of day on the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console.

Back