C64 titles appearing on the VC confirmed?

They'll probably have the VC on the next Nintendo console when it comes out. Downloadable content appears to be the wave of the future so it's by no means going away.

Zackh321 said:
They'll probably have the VC on the next Nintendo console when it comes out. Downloadable content appears to be the wave of the future so it's by no means going away.

You are totally disregarding the fact that your VC purchases are tied to your existing Wii console and NOT transferable under any circumstance...

Flaming meteors from heaven come down and smite your Wii into the dust and guess what... Nintendo says you have to repurchase them in order to be able to download to your newly purchased replacement Wii. I know because I had this very specific conversation with a Nintendo rep when my unit's DVD/CD drive failed and I had to send it in for service. I asked what would happen in the even that my Wii suffered some kind of catastrophic hardware failure or damage, and was told exactly what I just stated above.

Melodramatic example, yes, but any future VC will be a waste if I am (as a consumer) expected to pay twice for something I already legitimately purchased.

Downloadable content is one thing.

Non-transferable content is a whole other issue altogether and one that Nintendo needs to address if they expect to ride this so-called "wave of the future".

Last edited:
Chewie said:
I'm with you, by the time Nintendo actually releases the 14 or so N64 games I actually owned and sold to justify purchasing them via the VC, the Wii system will be out of date and I will have no further desire left to purchase VC games, which frankly is hanging by a thread now as it is.

I know I sound like a broken record but I'm just completely disappointed with Nintendo's treatment of N64 console as it relates to releasing games to the VC, in favor of what... TGFX16 and a handful of Dreamcast games.

Still voting with my wallet. Seemingly a complete waste of time as the games I expected to see by now are probably never going to see the light of day on the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console.

I doubt people will argue if they put Dreamcast stuff on there (which I doubt will happen).

Chewie said:
You are totally disregarding the fact that your VC purchases are tied to your existing Wii console and NOT transferable under any circumstance...

Flaming meteors from heaven come down and smite your Wii into the dust and guess what... Nintendo says you have to repurchase them in order to be able to download to your newly purchased replacement Wii. I know because I had this very specific conversation with a Nintendo rep when my unit's DVD/CD drive failed and I had to send it in for service. I asked what would happen in the even that my Wii suffered some kind of catastrophic hardware failure or damage, and was told exactly what I just stated above.

Melodramatic example, yes, but any future VC will be a waste if I am (as a consumer) expected to pay twice for something I already legitimately purchased.

Downloadable content is one thing.

Non-transferable content is a whole other issue altogether and one that Nintendo needs to address if they expect to ride this so-called "wave of the future".

Yeah, but the Wii won't have the games you really want anyway from the way you're talking :)

BOOOOOO! Yes commodore was cool, but I dont want it screwing up the flow of games.....did someone actually say C64 was better than NES? LOL

Look, I own a commodore 64, I own a C64 tshirt I bought recently that says
"Load *,8, 1" or whatever, this is terrible shitty news.....5$

Here, Ill list the games I like.

-Hardball - we dont need a shitty baseball game, we dont even have bases loaded, RBI yet,

-Escape from castle wolfenstein - just a piece of **** these days

-Strip poker - yes, I saw orange and yellow titties when I was a tike.

- anyone ever played police quest? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nintendo is ****ing stupid and greedy. That is the dumbest idea ever.

Anyone ever heard the Timbaland produced Nelly Furtado song that used the Commodore 64? I think they had some sort of legal trouble with it since it contained samples from a song produced in the C64's music community.

There's a Sidstation synth created using the SID chip. I think the music thing is probably the biggest legacy of the C64 at this point to be honest and it's something that can't really be reproduced through emulation to the same effect. Yeah, I'm a music nerd. I want to get an actual C64 and get the Prophet 64 cartridge to make tunes with a midi keyboard :)

I still like the idea of the C64 games, though. I definitely want to play the ones I listed since they have such a positive reputation and are supposed to be way ahead of their time with games ripping them off nearly 10 years after the fact. There was an article over at Digitpress talking about some of the best games for C64 and talking about how one was the precursor to space ship strategy games like Herzog Zwei.

The more the better in my opinion, all though C64 didn't have a butt load to offer game wise, the concept of the VC console is for retro gaming. If your looking for newer style games you just have to wait for Wii-ware...

Really I would like to see some other intresting rare consoles.

3DO would be perfect if they got some of the old 80's/90's video arcade style gamesthat came on it, the on-rail-shooters where its real video of people that you shoot..lol i have a few but not alot they crack me up so bad.

Dreamcast would be awsome, aswell as the other SEGA consoles,Sega Master,Sega CD and 32x to add to the current Genesis lineup, Sega Saturn... All of them, might as well SEGA pretty much gives Nintendo whatever they want these days just to get a buck.

Atari? what the heck? out of all of them this should have been the first after the acctual Nintendo consoles, no excuse for not having it!

Beyond that maybe even work some oldschool GameGear Games for the new demo download content for the DS as well as the other cool Handhelds over the years like NeoGeo pocket, Turbo express, and all the older gameboys.
Even though they have to pay a small license fee for some of the games that Nintendo didn't publish, still they make a good profit off something thats not real. They should drop the price if possibal it will just increase sales how many people have 400 points because there is nothing less than 500 for sale? lol

The complaint of them not replacing the downloaded games when a unit brakes is pretty misleading. There have been plenty of people that have had there VC games downloaded on a replacement Wii, you just have to link your " Nintendo" account with your "Wii" and it keeps record of your purchases, in the end protecting you if anything goes wrong.

skidmarx said:
I can't think of one C64 game worth playing ... this is bad news as it will only stem the flow of better games.
None of the good C64 games will make it to the Wii.

Good-Great ones: WitchKing, Test Drive, Raid on Bungling Bay, Crush Crumble Chomp, Racing Destruction Set, Blue Max, Ultima Series, Jump Man, Choplifter, Summer and Winter Games, Santa Paravia, Castle of Doctor Creep, Dunjonquest Series, Fort Apocalypse, Mail order Monsters, M.U.L.E., Strike Fleet, Shamus (NO, not that shamus), and don't forget ALL the Infocom games.

Hand held games should allways be that
Hand held games allways look a bit rubish on a big screen (trust me theres some thing wrong with Game boy Mario on a 50" tv)
But where as every one remebers the good games
Nobody remembers the shite thats out on it (do we realy need the C64 versions of out run, final fight and operation wolf ?)

But as I have said OVER 9000!!!!! times -
Mike dix said:
Tis not the grapics that make a game good
Its the way it plays
Why do you think that tetrus took over the world

Ah...the C64 days. Knew a guy who worked at a disk duplicating plant.
I got stuff before they even hit the stores and without the annoying head banging of the drive (when they put in copy protection).
I had thousands of c-64 stuff. Too bad a glut of the same type games and the NES facilitated its downfall.
Airborn Ranger was good, so was Raid on Bungeling Bay. Even Pogo Joe!!!
BTW, you can get all these thru emulation.
And if you aint done already, grab a 2 gig or 1 gig mem card and copy all your downloadable VC content to it. That way if you Wii takes a dump, you aint got re-dload and re-pay. Pretty damn simple.

Lucky...

Back