Cables to connect to PC?

.Phoenix

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2006
Ok i have these outputs on my PC, now i need to know what cables i need to connect my wii to the PC. I have a PAL console.

dsc00606fl0.jpg

If thats the inputs you have on your computer then you need:

This

Wii-0013-l.jpg

But i heard that this cable does not work with UK consoles or is that just for TV's?

I want to connect my Wii to my iMac. My iMac has a Mini-DV in.

Mini-DVI video out with support for DVI, VGA, S-video, and composite video output (requires adapter, sold separately)
Support for external display with digital resolution up to 1920 x 1200, analog resolution up to 2048 x 1536

Thats the exact specs. So what exactly do I need? Is this port only output?

.Phoenix said:
But i heard that this cable does not work with UK consoles or is that just for TV's?

that cable does work on Europe consoles.

Sorry, but the iMac isn't designed to work as a display for other devices. The Mini-DV In is for connecting a video camera with iMovie, etc. The video out is for connecting additional displays, projectors, etc.

CaseyCor said:
I want to connect my Wii to my iMac. My iMac has a Mini-DV in.

Mini-DVI video out with support for DVI, VGA, S-video, and composite video output (requires adapter, sold separately)
Support for external display with digital resolution up to 1920 x 1200, analog resolution up to 2048 x 1536

Thats the exact specs. So what exactly do I need? Is this port only output?

.Phoenix said:
Ok i have these outputs on my PC, now i need to know what cables i need to connect my wii to the PC. I have a PAL console.

dsc00606fl0.jpg

Phoenix, you wont need anything apart from the standard cable to connect to those inputs on the pc.

the standard wii cable is a composite cable, which comes with red and white for the audio, and yellow for the video. simply plug the right coloured connectors into the corresponding inputs on your pc, then you will have to set the pc to use that input to display whatever signal is incoming

Back