Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiily Good

WiiChat Member
Oct 28, 2006
Australia
I have a 42" Sony Grand Wega.

I don't know much about the different cables for the Wii but will the cables that come out of the box give good enough picture quality.

Or will I have to buy some cables seperately to get better picture quality.

Also, will the difference between the two pictures be a lot or will there only be a small difference.

Thanks

You don't HAVE to buy cables seperately. I would if I could, but I don't think my TV accepts anything but the standard cables that are going to come with the Wii.

I don't know the differences personally, so I'll let somebody else answer that question.

Wiily Good said:
I have a 42" Sony Grand Wega.

I don't know much about the different cables for the Wii but will the cables that come out of the box give good enough picture quality.

Or will I have to buy some cables seperately to get better picture quality.

Also, will the difference between the two pictures be a lot or will there only be a small difference.

Thanks
If you have a nice TV like that, then go for component cables (pictured below), which will give you a noticeably better picture. I'm guessing your TV outputs 480p, so component cables are the best because they allow for both Progressive Scan and 16:9 Widescreen.

These cables can be found in stores like EBGames and Circuit City, as well as online by the same stores for $30.

Here are what component cables for Wii look like:
wii-accessories-20061011003640756.jpg

Now, there is already a fairly recent thread on this topic where you can ask any other questions about cables here:
Component Cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back