Call me stupid

chessaholic

WiiChat Member
Aug 27, 2006
Wales, UK
I am not very good at remembering things, but i just remembered about an old N64 game... Diddy Kong Racing? You could race in planes, hover-things... anyway... was this a rare or a nintendo game? I thought it used to be quite good but havnt played on it for what... 7 years? Wondered if anyone could remember. Thought it may come on the vc if not a rare game.

P.S Just found this on www.nintendo-europe.com

Diddy Kong Racing focuses on high-speed, entertaining racing action as well as a large dose of adventure and exploration. Diddy Kong and seven other characters - including Banjo the bear in his debut N64 outing - race through 20 beautiful 3-D courses on one of three vehicles: a cart, hovercraft or plane. But pushing your foot (or paw) to the floor is only half the story - you'll also need to explore the nooks and crannies of each track to find shortcuts and hidden items. These in turn open up new courses, time challenges and races against turbo-charged bosses - if you can find them in the game's sprawling island hub.

Diddy Kong Racing also features Rare's proprietary Real-Time Dynamic Animation Technology (RDA). This programming technology allows the game to include a wealth of large, colourful and highly textured characters in a massive environment, so even with multiple kart-riding animals on-screen the action is suitably fast-paced. Real-Time Dynamic Animation Technology squeezes the most out of the Nintendo 64's hardware, allowing for sparkly reflections and mirroring effects whenever appropriate.

Diddy Kong Racing also features a Versus Mode that allows two to four players to compete using any combination of vehicles - and a variety of multiplayer scenarios makes for unrivalled depth of play.

DAMN!

Last edited:
OMG! do you people even READ!? Rare games such as DONKEY KONG ONES WILL, I REPEAT WILL be on the VC. Becuase Nintendo OWNS Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong and all thoes good people. But what pisses me off is Conker is in Diddy Kong Racing yet we cant have Conkers Bad Fur Day

yeah this is queer, of course Sovieto is right! I think donkey kong games will be made by namco now. Thats my theory cause thats donkey kongas makers. There is no doubt cause they have the rights, one tihng that will be weird though. Do u think they will take out the rare logo at loading?

Actually now i remember. And this is weird actually...

When the gamecube first came out (i believe rare were then owned by microsoft) there were roumers of another diddy kong racing type game. I remember seeing pics of donkey kong riding some sort of ostrige...anyway, i havnt a clue what happened to that idea, and i am surprised a sequal to diddy kong racing hasnt been made. Ill see if i can find some long lost pic's of this cube racer...

Attachments

• 002[1].jpg
    002[1].jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 200
  • dkr_1[1].jpg
    dkr_1[1].jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 139
  • tn_001[1].jpg
    tn_001[1].jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 188
  • tn_004[1].jpg
    tn_004[1].jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 181
  • tn_005[1].jpg
    tn_005[1].jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
cheesaholic your stupid!
sorry i just had to do it cause of the thread name and everything, it was so urging to do

registerednerd said:
the "rare" does not mean "hard to find." It's the company that produced DK racing. The game is owned by Nintendo, so it will likely be on VC.

I think we all realised that 'rare' was a company. Microsoft does not own the rights to "hard to find"

Sovieto said:
cheesaholic your stupid!
sorry i just had to do it cause of the thread name and everything, it was so urging to do

Thanks...

(message too short. must write at least 10 letters)

Back