Call Of Duty 3.... should I??

rtr1900

Wii or not to Wii
Nov 30, 2006
Spain
Wii Online Code
3085-1225-3534-6165
Hi,

I am planning of buying Wiiplay and COD3. Well Wiiplay I am 100% of buying it. Still COD3, I am not sure.....
The GFX look great, the sound also... But I am afraid that the gameplay (using the Wiiremote) will let me down.... I saw the report in Gamespot.com and it turned me a bit down. Althought they turned down all the Wiigames.... even WiiSports got only 7.2 out of 10... While I would have given it a 9 :yesnod:

So, would anobody buy COD3? Althought there is no online option. I believe there is a multiple player option.

Thx

I just finished that game last night and if you played a lot and are outa school then you could beat it in 2 days. After you beat it the only other thing to do is play it again but on a harder difficulty notin else. But Gameplay was creative and exciting!!! Some parts may jump you a little if you have your surround sound on full blast, but this compared to red steel im not sure because ive never played red steel. 8/10

"The graphics look great"

Make sure you're looking at Wii screenshots for the game! Generally, to many people's opinions, great graphics is something that CoD3 on the Wii does NOT have.

If you have Xbox 360, I would buy CoD3 for it instead. It's definitely a "graphics game". If you only have Wii, and you really want the game, I'd go for it!

Yeah, I haven't played it, but the reviews I read said it was a pretty disappointing graphical performance... but that's not what Wiis are for, is it?

Apparently the close-quarters fighting is a bit frustrating, but picking people off with a controller from a distance is great fun.

I doubt it'll seriously disappoint anyone who's into war/guns/fps... etc.

Did you play/like the others?

BTW i wanted to mention this isnt a game worth buying only renting but still a game worth playing!

I've got it, and it's not bad at all. The graphics aren't anything amazing, but they're not horrible.

It takes a while getting used to, but it's a very fun game. For a FPS, there are quite a few uses for the Wiimote. You drive Jeeps with it (holding it and the nunchuck at 3 and 9 o'clock, like a steering wheel), row a boat with it, do the head-to-head combat (hitting them at the end is pretty cool), and some other little things.

The biggest downside is no multiplayer, online or otherwise. If I were you, I'd honestly wait until CoD4 to buy - they'll probably have multiplayer, better graphics, and more uses for the Wiimote. But CoD3 is definitely worth a rent and is good practice for future Wii FPS games.

i love COD3, i liked it since i played it on the box, i rented it on the wii and i would have to say its quite fun, i would buy but ive got to save i got red steel but i think i like COD3 better but not by much, both great games

any one having a problem with COD 3, every time i've tried to get to the house to find marquis (might have spelled wrong) during the levels in which you are being helped by the french my wii tends to "stick", as in the direction you are pressing with stick or the button you are pressing will, inevitably causing death, whats does any one think

keogh1984 said:
any one having a problem with COD 3, every time i've tried to get to the house to find marquis (might have spelled wrong) during the levels in which you are being helped by the french my wii tends to "stick", as in the direction you are pressing with stick or the button you are pressing will, inevitably causing death, whats does any one think

I'm getting that too, It's really P***ing me off considering that we paid full price for this bug filled piece of s**t

Not sure if I understand what level you're talking about, but I haven't had that problem (not yet, anyway). But...no matter what I do, I can't seem to get a melee working. It works if I push the down arrow, but I thought it said you could also jab the nunchuck forward to do it, and it never seems to work for me. I think I'm doing it right, and other games that require me to jab the nunchuck, like Madden, work perfect, so it's not my nunchuck, sensor bar, etc.

Bubbagump said:
I just finished that game last night and if you played a lot and are outa school then you could beat it in 2 days. After you beat it the only other thing to do is play it again but on a harder difficulty notin else. But Gameplay was creative and exciting!!! Some parts may jump you a little if you have your surround sound on full blast, but this compared to red steel im not sure because ive never played red steel. 8/10
yah thats wat a friend of mine said that his mom tohught the house was being bombed form the sound...must be loud. Ive played the game for only like 10 mins though.....hard to get used to, had the squish controllers to my sides to play any good.

E7ernal said:
I'm getting that too, It's really P***ing me off considering that we paid full price for this bug filled piece of s**t

at least its not just me, I've emailed nintendo, i'm waiting for a reply, I've got red steel on the way so I hope that doesn't act up cus I'm quite looking forward to that, just quite annoying really, not sure if its the fact that it cant cope with the action thats going on but just as I walk towards the second barn area where the big truck is parked it'll happen, tried restarting and stuff but no luck, would like to progress further!!

Thxs you all. :worship:

I saw the GFX and I think they are OK.
Ofcourse better than a a PC you can´t get it, but then again, a super PC costs 2000€ and the Wii just about 200€ (game Wiisports not included). So for what you get it seems cool!
I saw a couple of demos and they seem to be cool!
I was more afraid about the controls. About how it would be. But I guess that we are all used to a jostick, and the a joypad. And using the Wii is just a next step,..... you got to practise first.... right?

I loved, and still do, the Battlefield 1942 series.... I have them all... so if COD3 is in that kind of game, I think I will be right...

Thx again all of you! :worship:

Bad thing here in Spain is that I can not rent the game..... There is no place to rent here where I live....

Back