Call of Duty 4

pharoah

"I got a Wii Wii"
Dec 24, 2007
Southeast, Texas
Wii Online Code
2143-9944-3682-8871
Do you think they will port the game over for the Wii. I have been hearing from some people on other sites say they are, and they are not. The people here seem to know more about the wii. Thats is why i ask about cod4.

I think they should, if they gave the wii some COD games why not 4?

scale of 1-10? 6.. if youve played the original version, if not then its worth a play on the wii.

but they should not ruin such a game like COD4 by putting it on the wii. graphics were a major part of this game as well as the amazing online, both of wich the wii is not capable of. unless they were to port the DS version to wii. lol not knocking the wii, just saying this game was not meant for it. much the same reason they didnt put out a PS2 version.

Wii is capable of decent visuals and online.
I mean hell the online in Medal Of Honor was pretty good.

COD4 could happen though, its a long shot, but it still could be done.
Maybe if it does well on the DS? :lol:

call me wierd but i didnt like this games very much. personal opinion there. i dont see whats so great. sure the graphics are nice but i never liked a game on that. this might be a different type of war shooter but seems just about the same too me as the others. just more enemies and less amo. the fact that you teammates actually do something is nice, but really, what is so great about this game. before you flame me i have to say that i have beaten this game and this merely personal opinion.

That would be to Kewl.

martini.jpg

Last edited:
To CantGetAWii: Im taking a wild guess in saying you don't have an Xbox 360 do you? Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 has a nice online FOR A WII, especially since its the biggest online community on Wii since their are only a few games with online on Wii. But if you have Xbox Live you can see the difference. But im gonna take another guess that you're gonna say you've played it at a "friends house", but its not the same, im not gonna sit here and explain.

to thas: somehow I dont believe you played it. Also, CoD4 isnt great cuz of its single player its about the multiplayer. CoD4 online has 100x more features that doesn't have to do with visuals. You can't just jump into any type of gun. You have to train with the lower guns first by getting a certain amount of kills, headshots, etc. As you level up and get higher ranks you can pick other guns with scope/red dot sight/gernade launcher, etc. Perks, more game types. Instead of just Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch/Infiltration there are alot more. There's a reason why MoH:H2 didn't get that great of reviews because everything on MoH:H2 is on other games. Hell I can't go thru them all, there's so much.

^i have played it and finished it. i wasnt talking about the online. i was only talking about the campaign mode. to me, online is usually an extra feature. i dont buy games just because it has online capabilities. i bought mohh2 because it has a decent campaign mode and very good controls.

thas said:
call me wierd but i didnt like this games very much. personal opinion there. i dont see whats so great. sure the graphics are nice but i never liked a game on that. this might be a different type of war shooter but seems just about the same too me as the others. just more enemies and less amo. the fact that you teammates actually do something is nice, but really, what is so great about this game. before you flame me i have to say that i have beaten this game and this merely personal opinion.
try the online.

lol, MoH has decent campaign? Its the same thing as any other WWII shooter.

MoH shines in online, same as CoD4. But MoH is sucessful on the Wii because its the best online game for the Wii. Put CoD4 on Wii with online and MoH will die. Put MoH on the 360 and it wont do good. MoH: Airborne didn't do good. There are of course people who like it and play it but CoD4 is still on top by a long shot. Its not like people decide to play it for no reason, its actually waay better.

Hell, Call of Duty 2 is better than MoH. Its like comparing Mario Sunshine to Mario Galaxy.

T3kNi9e said:
lol, MoH has decent campaign? Its the same thing as any other WWII shooter.

MoH shines in online, same as CoD4. But MoH is sucessful on the Wii because its the best online game for the Wii. Put CoD4 on Wii with online and MoH will die. Put MoH on the 360 and it wont do good. MoH: Airborne didn't do good. There are of course people who like it and play it but CoD4 is still on top by a long shot. Its not like people decide to play it for no reason, its actually waay better.

Hell, Call of Duty 2 is better than MoH. Its like comparing Mario Sunshine to Mario Galaxy.

just putting cod4 on wii wont get it any sales. people look for good controls and some look for graphics. if you havent noticed, activision doesnt use there own servers. how do you think this would possibly work on wii. they would be forced to use friend codes and random match ups. activision shows a history of leaving out features on the wii. they would most likely leave something out here. they did it with cod3, they did it with gh3 and uf cod4 comes to wii, they will do it that game.

for the record. just because most WWll shooters take place in normandy, that doesnt mean they have the same campaigns.

Call of Duty 3 was developed by an internal devloper within Activision called Treyarch with the help of Pi Studios. While Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4 were all developed by Infinity Ward. So already you have a half ass projected done with Call of Duty 3, which is why its the worst CoD game. Now, if Activision does the development work for porting over Call of Duty 4 then there is a chance it could suck, but since Infinity Ward is the developers they probably wouldn't screw over Wii. I'm pretty sure CoD3 didn't have online because developers didn't know whether it would even work because hardly any games are online on the Wii.

Guitar Hero 3 also was not developed by Activision, nor was it developed by Neversoft (developers of 360/PS3 version). It was developed by Vicarious Visions. Which btw, the only thing GH3 has on 360/PS3 that Wii doesn't have is Dolby Pro Logic II. Which is Vicarious Visions fault for not porting it right.

So anyway, if Infinity Ward ported CoD4 themselves over to Wii, it could still do good. Problem is, Wii online sucks so they don't bother because CoD4 is mainly about online play. But if they did, it will still do better than MoH, because its just that much better. As long as the ported over version isnt sloppy.

Back