Call of Duty 5 Doesn't exist!!!

It matters really on the developer's decision. It's completely understand that World at War is the fifth main installment in the Call of Duty franchise. Games like Big Red One and the such are "spin offs" if you'd like to call it that. Modern Warfare 2 is also understood as the latest installment in the main series and therefore, becomes COD6

Dude, Infinity Ward and Treyarch don't need to put a number on the box for it to be understood as the next main installment. It just is. My reasoning for them to stop with the numbers is because probably after four, they felt it was becoming a bit obnoxious to have a number like five and up on it.

What about sonic then? Sonic cd? Or the new halo coming out? And Mortal kombat?Also super Mario?
Listen, these series aren't Call of Duty. The reason that these game series have no numbers in their names (aside from the early games) is because the creators are trying to be creative. They could've called Super Mario World Super Mario Bros. 4, but, personally, I think World sounds better.

And Sonic CD... is that a main Sonic game? I don't really know too much about Sonic.

But, still. Do you HAVE to make such a big deal about the names of games? I mean, they're just games, after all.

I'm just stating a point, too many people call it five. If I were the deveoper I would get mad that the name that I chose wasn't being used. That's it.

To me if it was a main insatallment it would have a number........... Resident evil five is a main installment, umbrella chronicles isn't, code Veronica isn't....

So, Modern Warfare 2 isn't a main CoD game because it doesn't have 6?

Modern Warfare 2 doesn't carry the Call of Duty title... It pisses me off. Also WaW is a main franchise game, so yes it is 5.

Also Sonic CD is a main Sonic game! Thank. You. Very. MUCH! Ahem, I own almost all of them, I would know.

MW2 does carry CoD
You know what he means. Yes, the game is still part of the Call of Duty franchise, however it has dropped the moniker from its title (like WaW dropped the numbers).

Akubokawii, why are you being so uptight about these names? If I was a developer, I would expect my legions of fans to call it whatever they want since there is no law stating each video game must be called by its copyrighted name. If you want to find it in a store, look it up online, etc. you still have to use "Call of Duty: World at War" (or "Halo Wars", "Super Mario Galaxy 2", etc.) to find any information.. it's still the official title. No need to get worked up about it.

No... Modern Warfare 2 actually has got CoD in the title, they made a u-turn and included it.

I don't doubt you, but link? Every gaming site, store at where it's listed, and [unofficial] box art only has "Modern Warfare 2". They should really get that changed.

I'm just stating the obvious. No one is getting worked up except or some of the people on the first page. I'm just defending my initial statement( and I'm not doing so well lol) . How about this, the game that is specifically called call of duty five does not exist yet. Call of duty world at war is the fifth main installment to the series, but is not specifically called call of duty five. Do you guys understand what I'm trying to say?

We've understood what you've been saying this whole time. It's just like spelling the color gray like 'grey' or 'gray'. It's understood as the same color no matter how feel like spelling it.

Back