Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 set for 10/11 (New Teaser)

Damnit, I meant 11/10. Sorry about that.

Here it is, it's confirmed for November 11 and Infinity Ward has released a teaser that contains "hidden info" about the game. People have said that there looks like symbols for new perks but it's hard to tell.

Here's the link: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/25/gdc-09-modern-warfare-2-coming-nov-10/

Do you guys see anything worth noting?

To me it seems as if you will be playing as the terrorist in this game. When they came out the elevator nothing seemed to be happening until all of the sudden shots are fired and everyone screams. I could be way off though...

Also someone pointed out that at 1:10 there are perk icons on the top right.

There was something I heard that Infinity Ward had dropped the 'Call of Duty' name and have just gone ahead with a 'new series' called 'Modern Warfare'. Notice it doesn't say 'Call of Duty' at the end; potentially interesting, potentially nothing.

There was something I heard that Infinity Ward had dropped the 'Call of Duty' name and have just gone ahead with a 'new series' called 'Modern Warfare'. Notice it doesn't say 'Call of Duty' at the end; potentially interesting, potentially nothing.

Yea but that's not official yet since they haven't confirmed it, but I was thinking the same thing when I saw that.

Activision would only say that Modern Warfare "Took a life of it's own" but they never stated whether Infinity Ward will simply call the game "Modern Warfare 2". I guess they are going to weigh the pros and cons.

Truthfully Activision has become as bad as EA or even worse at times so it's possible that Activision will be so consumed by the dollar signs that they would not remove the "Call of Duty" part because brand recognition = sales. There are alot of people who do not do research that bought WaW simply because it had "Call of Duty" on it, even though it was a different developer.

To me it seems as if you will be playing as the terrorist in this game. When they came out the elevator nothing seemed to be happening until all of the sudden shots are fired and everyone screams. I could be way off though...

Also someone pointed out that at 1:10 there are perk icons on the top right.

If you are right on that, I can only imagine the outrage that all of those anti-gaming organizations will have. It'll promote violence against our marines and such.

It is a possibility, but I don't know if Infinity Ward would do that...Whatever the case though, there's no doubt that this will be one of the best selling games ever made.

this game looks awesome, somone needs to translate the last 10 seconds of the video though.

i can honestly say im just as excited for the campaign as i am the multiplayer, and that doesnt happen very often for me and first person shooters.

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

this website has an an analyze feature. you can pause, zoom, etc. and if you pause at 1.12 and zoom on the supposed perk symbols you can see that they are indeed perks. one's the shoe with the wing one appears to be crossed swords, one of them looks like a shield kinda and the last one is unrecognizable. and i believe the arrow to the far right is not supposed to be a perk, but is supposed to camaflauge the perks better within the airport.

Last edited:
You think that looks like a Teddy bear? It looks like a Sea Lion, possibly referring to the Navy Seals...

no. its a teddy bear. they appeared in MW before WaW. theres one in the middle of ambush as well as some other maps.

Everyone is saying that there are only 2 men in the elevator when, in fact, there's four. You see three of them and one man is in first person.

yeah your right, you see one cocking a gun in first person and then theres 3 people a few seconds after that

Back