campus wireless network gives error message

rubber006soul

WiiChat Member
Jan 14, 2007
I just arrived back at campus (I go to Notre Dame), and I brought the Wii I got for Christmas with me. Our campus has a wireless network called "Nomad." Unfortunately, whenever I try to connect to Nomad with the Wii, I get error message 52230. I'm thinking this might be because of the registration the network requires every time a new device accesses it (new computer, new PDA, etc). My roommate had no trouble setting up his PS3 because he already had the internet browser set up. However, I don't yet have Opera. This is quite a dilemma, because I need to access the internet to get Opera and I need Opera to access the internet. What should I do? Can I put Opera for the Wii on an SD card and install it somehow? HELP PLEASE!!!

if you can't pass the conection test, you can't connect to opera. You would really think that they would have thought of this... You could also share the connection from your computer via several different methods.

I got your back

I go to ND too but I just got a Wii yesterday. Here's my solution to the problem. Essentially, you need to disguise another computer to look like your Wii to register it on the network. When you attempt to set up the internet connection on the Wii, one of the options will be Console Information. This will tell you the MAC address of the wireless card in your Wii. This is a unique number, each ethernet/wireless card has one. Write this number down. Now download mac2006g.exe from somewhere onto a computer. This program disguises your computer's wireless/ethernet MAC address to another MAC address of your choosing. Open the program and write down the true MAC address of your computer. Then use the program to change the MAC address of the computer to the MAC address to the Wii's MAC address (you may have to reboot.) Now the network should not recognize your computer and will force you to register again, but you'll be able to do it since it's on a computer with a browser. This will register your Wii's MAC address. After you have registered and the internet works normally again, restore your old MAC address. Next time you turn on your Wii, the internet should work without fail.

Back