Can a 802.11G USB STICK be used to connect Wii to the internet?

pluto2

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
Hi!

I'm new to the wii and are doing some planning before purchasing it.
One thing I don't get is whatever the Wii can connect to the Internet through
a standard 802.11G USB Stick? One such as NetGear USB 2.4GHz 54Mbps INT (WG111IS) / 802.11g/b.
I realize this isn't an "access point" but I have NAT software running on the computer, couldn't I just nat the internet connection to the usb stick aswell or would this be impossible? I consider wireless routers abit pricey as I have no other use for them apart from the Wii what so ever.

Kristian

No you need a usb transmitter not receiver use hercules.com have goog and cheap ones better then nintendos

So it's absolutely impossible to achive this with a "normal" usb stick 802.11g network interface?

Have you verified that the product you recommended from hercules WORKS with WII 100%? not slow etc

Kristian

using the hercules now

makig youtube filmlater to compare with ds stick and other but i got it a couple of friends today and had a call that it rezilved all but all their conecting probs

sounds like it works fine then! anybody else here with experience about this hercules thing? :p

speed hercules stick

i use an old laptop as interface for the wii with usb 1.1 updates where in in 30 sec and opera test browser a minut or two a friends newer pc dide even better usb 2.0 it works even on psp pc smartphone

reminder the HERCULES USB WIFI TRANSMITTER 802.11 G i bought mine at mediamarkt for 29.50euro a gods gift trust me you can change the allowed mac adresses on your new hercules acces point like childs game an speed is top reach 30ft no prob

Great I'm getting one right now! thanks for the info!

just tested hercules on 4 devices

mi wii and psp are online laptop and smartphone are streaming video youtube on the wii still smooth

Nice, watched it, and I already bought one, will get it in a few days, though I need a wii too of course, which won't arrive that quickly but hopefully not t hat far behind. Thanks for all info!

Back