Can a screen be too large for Wii?

thendis

WiiChat Member
Dec 13, 2006
I bought a projector the other day and plan on hooking my wii up to a big fat image (probably around 2.5m by 1.5m).

I was wondering, though, will pointing games remain accurite to the edge when the screen is this large? I have seen YouTube videos of ppl playing on massive cinema screens, but it was always wii sports games that did not require point-and-shoot control.

Has anyone used a wii on a large screen with something like a FPS? is there a certain distance you have to be for it to work?

The Wii isn't accurate no matter what size your screen is, which is why the games have cursors. You will probably be aiming toward the center of the screen all of the time. Or you could make a custom sensor bar so it is a little more accurate.

Well, you could make your own sensor bar to increase accuracy. You could also just have more IR leds on each side of the current sensor bar to give it the same effect.

dfhdth

teryhetrtgertfserfkgrhjqwegrjkqwfrtqfyutr f rfuq 3turtq3urytq3qryq3rq3 yurqteuy qtryutry y ttryuq3rytqfyrfgf rguqey rfyutfrytry rfhgr frrf f ryt

fun58012 said:
teryhetrtgertfserfkgrhjqwegrjkqwfrtqfyutr f rfuq 3turtq3urytq3qryq3rq3 yurqteuy qtryutry y ttryuq3rytqfyrfgf rguqey rfyutfrytry rfhgr frrf f ryt

i agree

I have been playing Wii on my 40 inch TV downstairs, and at first, the picture was too blurry, but after turning up the sharpness, it was just fine.

At the moment i've got my Wii hooked up to my projector and it's working reasonably well, current picture size is about 2.5m diagonally. I've got the wii in a cupboard at the base of the projector which is ceiling mounted. I couldn't be bothered to make/buy a wireless sensor bar so for now I've just used a spare cat5 cable running under my floor to extend it to the front of the screen.

I have noticed that with my current setup the accuracy isn't as good as when i'm closer to the sensor bar and using a smaller screen but I'm quite happy for now.

I've been wondering this too, since I have a 110" projector screen and small details like Leon's pistol in RE4 look pixelated. Basically any slanted lines. I'm planning on getting a Composite Cable to fix the problem.

I have a 90" diagonal (2.3m) wide screen and it works well enough for me at 8-10 feet. The remote isn't 1:1 accurate or anything but you get used to how it feels after a bit. It's fun to play strikers on a screen that big but for me racing games is where it's at on a screen that big. I hope that with the Wii being as popular as it is that someone will make a nice racing sim for it.

Back