Can I Connect With...

rezaxp

WiiChat Member
Jan 12, 2007
Can I Connect With ADSL instead of wireless ???:sad:

F1...F1...F1...F1...F1...F1...:sad: :sad:

Silent-Sniper said:
Do not do cliff hanger thread titles. :mad2:
Does it matter if he labeled it as a cliff hanger or not? The point is he needs information, so we give him the information he needs

Do you mean is it possible to use a wire instead of going wireless (ethernet)? Yes, you need a converter to convert from USB to ethernet, but it is possible, my question is though, why not just go wireless? It's easier, no wires to feed no wall plates, no, well, wire, no need to feed or connect anything, everything is done except for the software end of things, so you can spend more time playing the wii then trying to set it up:thumbsup:

I have ADSL & I can't use wireless (becuase of its expense):sad:

yes id like to know this aswell. i dont have wireless but have aol as mentioned above.

could anyone point me in the right direction on what i actually need. converter etc. just so i can make sure i get the right things lol.

can anyone help?

is there anything else needed other than a converter? plse note tht im in the uk.

rezaxp said:
I have ADSL & I can't use wireless (becuase of its expense):sad:
I don't mean to be rude here, but if you can't afford the expense of a router, box up that Wii and return it, because if you can't afford a router, then there is no way that you could of purchased a Wii for their price, unless you used money you don't have (loan), and if you did, just do the same thing for a router

The reason Nintendo came out with he Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection dongle, and the possibility to wire it up using an ethernet cable was not for cost purposes, it was the purpose of security, some people don't trust a wireless router because anybody can log into it and your network, yes, you can set up WEP, but sometimes that is not secure enough, so either they keep with wireless that only works for Wii and DS, or they can hook it up wired for added security

If somebody that owns a Wii that can't afford a wireless router has no business buying a Wii to begin with, because that person needs to take that time to get a job to earn money for such things, not sit around playing games

And what can't you afford, the installation or the router? If the installation, You install it yourself

sgllocal said:
yes id like to know this aswell. i dont have wireless but have aol as mentioned above.

could anyone point me in the right direction on what i actually need. converter etc. just so i can make sure i get the right things lol.

can anyone help?

is there anything else needed other than a converter? plse note tht im in the uk.
First, uninstall AOL, and attempt to quit their service (AOL sucks), if you need to use dial-up, use netzero or peoplePC, or ask your phone company and see if they offer dial up software

Second, there are 2 ways you can go, either a wireless card set to broadcast instead of recieve (I am trying this myself, it is not easy), or the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection dongle (best bet)

Third, once you have the hard computer stuff out of the way, next comes the setup on the Wii, select wireless as your connection, if you are using a wireless card, set it up as if you are connecting the Wii to a wireless router (the wireless card will serve as a wireless router of set correctly, under broadcast), if you are using the Nintendo thing, set the corrosponding settings to let your Wii online, though you might want to think about getting DSL,Satellite internet, or cable internet (all are broadband), because I think I heard somewhere that the Wii only works on a broadband connection

Back