can i download old nintendo games

All answers about the Wii such as simple questions like this are everywhere. Yes you can but you have to purchase points to use on the shop channel.

yes u can download them in the Shop Channel, in the Virtual Console...But u need Wii ponts to do so

Wozz500 said:
All answers about the Wii such as simple questions like this are everywhere. Yes you can but you have to purchase points to use on the shop channel.
ok i am new to this, how do i gain points?

u can either buy the points in a retail store or in the shop channel

Via the shop channel it starts at £7 for 1000 points which would get you any game in the selection they have at the moment. You can pay quite simply over the net by entering your debit/credit card details and there you go.

If you're in the US, 100 points is equal to $1. Just buy points and download away.HOW THE HELL DID YOU NOT KNOW THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

masonb15 said:
If you're in the US, 100 points is equal to $1. Just buy points and download away.HOW THE HELL DID YOU NOT KNOW THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
He.she said he/she was new...
@wozz-Sin & Punishment is 1,200

Need a points card for the downloads.
System's range from Nes,Snes,Sega Genesis and the N64.
Should be $20 for 2000 points.
Each game is around 500-800 points.
N64 games are 1000 points.

GC8 said:
i didn't know you could get point off of the Shop Channel
You can't, you have to pay for points at a store that sells them (Best Buy, Circuit City) then you can download them off the Shop Channel to play on your Wii. And as mentioned before, Wii Points cost:

$1 - 100 points
$5 - 500 points
$10 - 1000 points
$20 - 2000 points

FR. said:
You can't, you have to pay for points at a store that sells them (Best Buy, Circuit City) then you can download them off the Shop Channel to play on your Wii. And as mentioned before, Wii Points cost:

$1 - 100 points
$5 - 500 points
$10 - 1000 points
$20 - 2000 points
You buy them with a credit card too

Tails McCloud~ said:
He.she said he/she was new...
@wozz-Sin & Punishment is 1,200
Well still. The Virtual Console is a big selling point of the Wii.

Who in gods name doesn't think you can't download points via a credit/debit card. Bloidy hell man have a proper look and get back to me.

FR. said:
You can't, you have to pay for points at a store that sells them (Best Buy, Circuit City) then you can download them off the Shop Channel to play on your Wii.

Of course you can buy more points on the Wii Shopping channel. In fact, that's the only way I've ever done it. And it's more flexible than buy the 2000 point cards in retail stores because you can buy as little as 1000 points at a time.

Back