Can I play Wii on my laptop?

There is a new product coming out called vBox that connect Wii directly to laptop/desktop via USB2.0.

Airbum88 said:
I don't have a good TV. The TV don't have the socket for the red cable. I just moved to Japan and I don't plan on staying in Japan for a long time, so I don't want to buy a TV.

Which brings me to another question. I have USB laptop speakers. Do you know if I can use them with the wii since the TV don't have the red socket.

You don't need to plug in the red cable into the t.v.

Here is some information for the vBox.
http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/wii/vbox.htm
Pricing info is not available yet but it should hit the market very soon. There are links for online video in the webpage to show the vBox in action. I found it on divineo for $60. I think the picture quality using vBox should be better than using analog composite video output and then capture back using external TV tuner. It is a bit pricy though.

Last edited:
ok that video was someone who was not playing a wii, he was using a program called glovepie that allows you, with a homemade sensor bar and a bluetooth dongle, let you use the wiimote as a controller on the computer, he just set the controls to be the same as twilight princess, but the only thing i can think of is the same as everyone is saying a s-video or composite input adapter thing

that guy was playing a rom of Ocarina of Time on project 64, which is an N64 emulator

Im at uni in halls so don't have a TV, just my laptop. I've used it to play on the wii with no problems apart from the rare 5 second stutter. I used my laptop's PCMCIA card slot. I used a TV tuner card which had an adapter to take the red, white and yellow cables. The main problem with this is that most tuner cards have about 300ms delay which means the game play won't match up to your control perfectly. The one I found uses a 50ish ms delay so I don't notice the difference.
The one I use is from 'AVerMedia' and the model number is '302AAA3N'. I found it in the bargain corner of my local Maplin becuase I think they are not being made any more. I know this one works for me, but could be hard to find so look for one with a minimal delay. HTH

I will have the V-box review up hopefully soon.

wii-xvb.jpg

XCM has finally released their V-BOX for the Nintendo Wii. The V-Box for Wii by XCM is more than just a VGA Box to connect your Wii console to any PC screens. It is USB based, you connect to any PC via USB 2.0 port and let you record or capture all that your Wii display on the screens. An add-on recorder also can allow you to record DVD/VCD/CD via the V-Box from the disk player to your PC hard drive.

Item retails for $59.95 and can be purchased from Divineo China and $59.99 at Divineo US. A full review of the product to come soon once we receive it.

You can see the V-BOX in action here.

Source: XCM

gAHHHH..... just do the easy way.

Play on the tv. Deal with the sound. Plug in the white. Set sound options to "mono".

Or, use the computer speakers, they probably use a 3.5mm plug. Audio RCA cables and 3.5mm's are generally interchangeable. Go to radioshack, or the UK equivalent.

Find a stereo>RCA jack. Get two double-female RCA cables, and one double-female stereo cable. Should work.

CRAPPPPP... Just read again that you have usb speakers.... I'm not deleting though :p

JUST LISTEN TO MONO. Like you said, you're only there for a while.

Back